Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Single Parent
6 Posts
I personally wouldn't venture into Namaii Bay just you two. Hubby and I went there together, and didn't feel comfortable at all to be honest, but each to their own. :)
Having been to Sharm twice (Conrad) and venturing into Naama Bay twice I personally wouldn't do so as a single woman with a child.

I'm sure you'd be perfectly safe doing so but I also think you would be hassled by men, they pretty much all do it even if only in fun and I believe it could be all a little intimidating and overwhelming for your daughter.

I can deal with it, I simply blank them completely unless I'm actually in a shop thinking of making a purchase. I then don't let my guard drop for even a second when haggling. I drive a hard bargain and always win! :D :D

If you're easily intimidated and want a stress-free holiday, stay away from Naama Bay ;) You may find you end up there if you do any excursions by boat, just keep your head down and you'll be fine! :)
Hi
I went into Naana a few times last year with daughters aged 12 and 15 and we had no hassle but saying that we went in simply to eat and for coffee. Both girls were told that we were not going to go into shops and we had pre booked taxis. We also went in early and left by 11. I wouldn't have wanted to be there later.
Lally
When I was at the HV there were quite a few women on their own with children.The area outside the hotel has shops and restaurants including McDonalds and it seemed a safe area as we didnt get any hassle at all there in comparison th Naama bay.
You will have no need to go to Naama as the Nabq bay area is better in my opinion.
Hi it is perfectly safe. I often travel on my own and never had any problems. There is now a burgerking in Nabq as well as Starbucks. There are 2 really nice malls called La Strada and Al Khan with lots of nice shops. TGI's and Hard Rock are also coming to Nabq. There is also a new Lebanese restaurant that has just opened and a fab Chinese called Peking.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.