Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I suspect the answer lies in the small print - Terms & Conditions as well as the rules applied by ABTA to its own members.

In the case of the claim in court it would be considered as Breach of Contract - which it obviously was, and therefore because they did not defend (by non appearance) the case would be found in your favour.

ABTA is a trade body that represents its members. As you had already got a court judgement then except for a reprimand there was little they could do.

Information often comes forth during a court hearing that throws a new light on a problem. It was probably cheaper not to defend, but as with many companies in all walks of life they relied on your giving in, and hoped the problem would go away.

What I find encouraging is that you at least were prepared to follow it through, rather than just talk about it. Many do a lot of shouting but nothing else. The only way to improve things is for people to do as you did. Well done.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.