I have been looking at various holiday sites including our own obviously, for Hotels in Mexico and hoping to book for next year as my holiday this year had to be cancelled due to ill-health.

Anyways - one particular site (has two initials second one A ), had quite a lot of reviews on this hotel and some recently for this month. What has shocked me is that how one recent one can be deemed fair. The reviewer it seems was going for a 4 day break (from USA) and mentions that they had pre-book one of the Restaurants - in Most if not all Riu Hotels they have at least 4 (as this one in particular does) and usually has 2 or 3 themed restaurants, these (because they are so popular) usually have to be pre-booked. For the average holiday maker who stays a week plus it's not an issue - but the reviewer commented that how can this Hotel call themselves AI - they are though - and in the brochures it's states the 'themed restaurants have to be pre-booked.

The main comment that I thought unfair is that it makes reference to the Mexican Police being corrupt - the reviewers son seemingly was stopped (this can happen anywhere) and was surprised they did not take son's mobile phone? Then gave a helpful comment to stay away from the Mexican Police.

How is the later anything to do with the review of the Hotel? The reviewer made no reference to anything else but gave it 3 out of 5 - how the heck is that a proper review of a Hotel. Or am I missing summat?