Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi

Glad you have found Parga.com as there is alot of info there, and I assume you will have found the bus timetables !
At that time of year you should be able to find accomodation quite easily, just ask in the hotels and pubs / tavernas.

You will not really get to see the sunset as it will go behind the hills.

Graham

ps can you not post in capitals as it makes it harder to read the message, cheers.
I would suggest going via Paxos island and staying a few days, there are regular ferries from Kerkyra and then cross on the boat to Parga, maybe on the way back go through Igoumenitsa.

You should be OK just looking for a room on arrival in May/June, it is just a matter of looking around, there are plenty of rooms/studios/apartments/hotels around the town. Rooms on Paxos maybe a little more difficult to find and expensive as it is heavily packaged by villa operators.
Having spent many years going to Parga with Kosmar and other companies we finally took the plunge and went independantly last year adn beleive me it's the best way to go. Accomm is easy to get and plentiful (would reccommend Dokos apartments as they fall neatly in the middle of your price range (20 euros per night last year)... ask Dave & Jackie on www. parga.com... we got our place through friends and spent three weeks for less than we paid for two the previous year. As for the sunsets.... The "Marco Polo" boat (see Billy on the jetty) does a sunset trip twice a week so you can see them from the sea (fabulous)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.