Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
A very subjective question.

For one person anything between 10 to 40 pounds per day.

And some members will chide me for suggesting as much as 10 pounds per day.

It really is a how long is a piece of string question.

Not trying to be flippant but everyone has their own ideas about what is enough.

We usually spend for two people over two weeks about £800.

But we usually have a few nights in places like After seven Roma etc.These sorts of nights can really blow your budget with bills of around 2500 to 3000 rupees for meal drinks and wine for two.

You can still do Goa for very little cash.

Papa
I reckon if you take £1200 (£400per week) you'll come back with money in your pocket - in my brave and bold opinion

Paul

ps - that is for 2 people
I nearly passed out then Paul. Lol I am going on my own. I was thinking of around £200 a week so that's ok. Thanks also papa. I know what you mean about it being subjective as some days I eat very cheaply and others can go mad.
I went on my own last year and would say that £200 a week is fine. I took that much and came home with money.... some days I hardly spent anything but on others spent more. Like you say you can eat and drink so cheaply out there.

I still went places but got buses or tuk tuks, bought pressies home and found places like Bubbles and public bar for a drink! :cheers

Have a great time! :cheers
Wife and I generally budget for £800 for two weeks and usually come home with some.
Like Papa we eat at some of the dearer places some nights.
I can easily see £200 per week being attainable if you are careful.
As everyone has said Maz ...it all depends !!!
Taxis cost the same for one as two people. Stay local or walk and you can save quite a bit !!! ( as well as keep the weight down as a result of holiday excess :tup )

A large Kingfisher averages at R70

A cheap eating place will cost less than R300, mid range R400-500, top of the range like Souymens or After Seven a bit more, especially if you decide such a fine feast deserves a bottle of wine plus brandy and coffee ! Then it's going to cost you about R2000 ( but you don't have to share the wine :tup )
I think you can live very well indeed for £200 per week if you choose where and what to do with a little thought. A day out at say Morjim or Mandrem might well end up costing as much as a top meal so that's the night to eat cheaply etc.
I'm sure you'll have a great time whatever your budget. Much is possible for very,very little.
Happy Christmas
Dave
Thanks guys very helpful. Just needed an indication of what to take id rather take too much than not be able to do the things I want to ;) I do agree though Dave that a walk is great and I love to do that early morning or early evening as its a little cooler. I do however plan to be horizontal for week one just chilling out.
Im planning some nice massages and pampering.
I was out there on my own for one week and spent almost exactly £200. I took taxis and tuktuks, ate at the best restaurants like After 7, Jardin, Banyan Tree, and twice took Indian friends out, admittedly to cheaper places.. Three factors helped reduce costs. First, I am past the stage where I bring back home dodgy looking souvenirs and clothes. Second, my hotel was all inclusive which allowed a certain amount of 'free' drinking, but I didnt take full advantage of it as I went to the beach rather that sit by a pool, and didnt eat dinner there at all. Third, I didnt do any trips.
Windscreen Wiper replacement motor has just seen my spending money decrease by £289 instantly :(
Windscreen Wiper replacement motor has just seen my spending money decrease by £289 instantly

Ouch. :cry :cry

Papa
When we go for 3 weeks we usually take around £800 in TC's and probably another £200 in cash between us. We do usually have some left on return home which goes back in the holiday fund for next time.

I have just recently got back from 2 weeks in Goa (alone) and spent approximately £200 ish for the whole holiday, must admit that I didn't eat in the dearer places, I tend to snack rather than eat big meals as the heat always reduces my appetite. I have a brunch rather than a breakfast then another smallish meal in the evening. I did however get through copious amounts of honeybee and coke :tup
I stayed horizontal for much of the time (must have been the honeybee) :rofl
Fizz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.