Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Suggest that you ask when/if you get your interview if this information wasn't already in the advert.

Mark :)
I plan on asking then, but I'm just eager to know :)

If nobody wants to put it on the public forum could someone please PM me?
Also if any of you TA's have any tips for my interview they would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance :tup
I can't answer re: First Choice, but the benefits of staff travel in the travel industry (long haul) have been eroded by the massive imposition of fuel surcharges and taxes, as we only get discounts on the base airfare. I can normally get to Asia on a decent airline for about £300, which isn't a massive perk, but I often get freebies, just without the family!

Re: any travel interview, brush up on the geography of the core destinations you'll be selling. Smile, show enthusiasm, and remember at the end of the day, if it's a sales job, your job is to sell, so maybe think of examples in the past where you've utilised this.

A willingness to help, match perfect holidays, problem solving, and the willingness to learn are all important. As are the ability to laugh off long hours, pathetic pay, constant derision from the general public, daily bouts of rudeness from your clients and complete lack of support from your bosses (unless you happen to be a shareholder as well), then you should do fine!
As are the ability to laugh off long hours, pathetic pay, constant derision from the general public, daily bouts of rudeness from your clients and complete lack of support from your bosses (unless you happen to be a shareholder as well), then you should do fine!

Sounds like most jobs today.
Friend who works for Thomson says they've now got rid of their 10% discount and instead next year she'll get £300 or was it £400) off a holiday and that's it. Bit naff really but guess they can do what they like in the current climate,
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.