Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Thanks for the update, also heard today from someone who lives in the Dom. Rep, that they picked up some friends today from the airport and the Tourist card increase has still not been implemented yet. 'Welcome to the Dominican'

Angie :que
Just had an update on the Tourist Card increases, still NO increase being implemented as of yesterday with people being picked up at the airport, so qatarman looks as though you wont have to pay the extra at the airport on arrival March 9th unless it happens between now and then. Another update will be coming my way on Sunday.

Angie. :)
Still no increases been implemented yet, so I suggest we all take enough $$$$ to cover any increases just in case we get caught on the implementation of the increases. Seems they could bring in the rises whenever they feel like it.
If I do get any info, I will of course post it here.

Happy travels.

Angie. :tup
Hi Angie,
We just gave our prebought cards yesterday,no extra charge.
Thanks for that news quatarman, it will be now wait and see when or if the increases ever happen.

Hope you are having a great time :sun2 and :cheers

Angie.
Well folks,

Just had an update on Tourist cards entrance tax, it is supposed to be implemented on May 1st now, but still keep in mind the departure tax might still go up from $US20 to $US25 at the same time.

Just giving you the heads up.

Angie.
Hi all,
Well this is the latest update.

I have just come off the phone from my Tour Operator (First Choice/Thomson)in the UK and there is a message on their system that from May 1st the Dominican Republic Government has issued that the Tourist Card (entrance tax)increases will be implemented $US10 to $US15 but there is no increases in the Departure Tax that will be staying at the $US20

Just thought I would let you all know.

Angie.
:tup
Anybody got an update on this ?

I fly on the 1 May, and have pre-bought my card at the old price from the Embassy.

What are my chances of avoiding the queues ?

:que
No updates except the one I put on above your posting, its official on the tour operators system, who was your holiday booked with, have they not told you about any increases on May 1st.

As your cards are at the old price you will have to pay the extra $US5 per person at the booth with everyone else buying their Tourist Card on arrival, so I am afraid there will be no avoiding the queues.I can assure you as a frequent visitor to the Dom. Rep the queues dont hang around for long and you are still waiting for your luggage to arrive.

Angie.
Thanks Angie, reply much appreciated.

Hol is with Thomson, and not heard a squeak from them.

Bought from the embassy last month to minimise the hassle. Sods law prices would go up.

:)
Strange that Thomson have'nt told you anything, it was my local First Choice shop that told me. Mind you I did mention it to the girl first but she said she had not mentioned it to me as it did'nt apply to me as I am flying out on April 27th.

Angie.
To be fair, I kept checking the Embassy website weeks after I bought them (and this thread pointed out the change), and there was never anything on there either. :)

Thanks again for the info though. I'm a regular in Egypt and Cuba, but this will be my first time to the Dominican, so looking forward to it.
Thanks for letting us know, we'll make sure we've keep that spare now.
Where can we get a form from to apply for the Tourist card and can somebody please supply the address we need to send the form to please? Also, how long do the cards take to come back? Thanks
I did it all online via the Dominican Embassy, so no forms or anything needed. Took less than a week for cards to come through.
Hi You can get all the information you need on the dominican embassy website re tourist cards.

http://www.dominicanembassy.org.uk/touristpurchase.php

Lyn
The embassy still seem to be charging £10. Has anyone bought and used one lately and got in no problem?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.