Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi paulines_pens ... it is unusual but not unique, and I can understand your frustration. However, details of this Development Fee or Departure Tax are in fact given on the websites of both Knock Airport and MyTravelite.

David :wave
Hi can you show me where on the site of MyTravel Lite?

I did see about it on Knock Airports website but only by chance.
Hi paulines_pens ... it's in the Important Information section, under the heading of Pricing and Departure Taxes. Try this link:

http://www.mytravellite.com/repos/static/notes.htm#2_4

I only knew because I heard it being discussed one night in a pub in Ireland :roll: :roll:

Thanks

Im sure I never seen anything about this when I booked the flight

But I take it back for there not being a mention of it on my travel lites site.

Anyways the moral of the story is to read the small print.
can anyone tell me if they know when ryanair or easyjet will be releasing christmas flights to knock please.
thanks.
michelle
Michelle ... not sure about Ryanair, but Easyjet say 1st October.

thanks very much for the reply david
10 euros !!!

Not really breaking the bank and for the Convenience of been able to fly to Knock for a low fare with the budget airlines no probs, just booked up to fly over in Nov - 1 way fare 49p (£15 with taxes)
It was our first time flying from Knock at the weekend,and i didn't know until i got to the airport and seen the sign saying you have to pay 10 Euros on departure,its a development fund.I didn't mind paying it but would have preferred to have known about it first.We have to pay £5 to leave Newquay but at least it states this on the airline page.So others beware.Maggie
  • Edited by David 2008-02-19 23:23:00
    I have merged your post with our Knock Airport topic Maggie, so that it may serve as a reminder about this fee.
we have just returned from knock airport and hadnt seen the small print that there is a 10 euro development fee when you leave.
I agree its not a lot but if you are not expecting it and there is a few of you it adds up I also think it would be better added onto the ticket price.
also if they have been collecting it for a few years how long will the development fee last, and why dont Leeds /Bradford try this and get extra revenue.
The Development Fee is shown on the airport website, and should also be shown on the websites of individual airlines which use the airport.

Just this week, planning permission was granted for the first phase of development of the terminal building. Expansion of the terminal will provide a new security screening area, an enlarged check-in area, additional capacity in the departures area, improved baggage handling and sorting, all of which will contribute towards an increase in the annual passenger handling capacity from 500,000 to 800,000.

Click here for more info about the Development Fee.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.