Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
That's an excellent price, IC.
I hope there's going to be more of your trip report though!
Day 1 the 14th March
Had a good little sleep got about 6 hours woke up starving went to the Rodonda for a bit of late breakfast very pleased with it they do the nicest milky coffee in Goa the food is always served to you looking good to me that means a lot ..
Went to Thomas shack on Calangute beach we were shocked to see Jack one of the shack boys we have got to know over the years working there when we left in November he was working at another shack but that killed two birds with one stone we did not have to go looking him we had a chill out day there just people watching ..
That night we went to Nirvana Restaurant. with polly50 and her hubby and we met up with Irish noel and his mrs what a lovely way to spend your first day with smashing friends we met in Goa some years ago ..the food was as always lovely we all like it there the staff remembered us all from November and we all had such a laugh ...

day 2 the 15th March
we got up bright and early and went to Mapusa market on the bus we go everywhere on the bus think it was 8 rupees to Mapusa got lots of fruit don't laugh the reason i went to Mapusa was i saw lovely Christmas lights there in Nov and was really sorry i did not get them so I went to see if they still had them :clap they did and i got 3 sets for all of 70 rupees a set .
That day we went to Annalisha (sp) shack in Calangute aww to see her wee face when she saw us was just great she asked my hubby if he would like to go fishing with the boys on the boat he thanked her and said maybe another day there is a nice lady who works there called Baby and she has a lovely daughter who does my nails they were so pleased to see us we all just sat talking for ages it was a great day at their shack we will go there again ..
That night we went to Jammies place(sp) in Baga its a very nice there the food was smashing it was the first time we had went there and we will deffo go back again in November .
to finish off the day we went to Bubbles not what you would call awful big but the lady there is so nice we always call to see them :rofl well to have a drink of 5 would be more the truth had 10 drinks and it was just over 200 rupees ...we love you mrs Bubbles :rofl
Colleen what happened to Days 3 - 14 were they just a blur :D after drinking copius amounts of 'coffee' with Gemma lol
Just missed you this year, we left the day you arrived :( . Hope to catch up with you again
Liz :cheers
Hi Colleen, thanks for your holdiay report :)
We leave for Goa on Monday and we are also staying at Colonia de Braganza, which would you say were the better rooms? What is the pool like?

Do you think it would be a good idea to email them with a request like you did? If so could you give me their email address please?

Thanks in advance

Rachel :)
Great report Colleen,

Can't wait to read the even's of the 17th at M/Ms should be very interesting.....if you can remember it all.

Hope you and the big fella are both well.

The Preacher
manx-minx we were in block 4 on the top floor if I had to do it again I would ask for one floor down getting too old for all the stairs now :rofl the pool is fine there is good shade round the pool the hotel has 2 pool's so go looking for the second one they have a little gym too if you feel like lifting a few weights only thing I managed to lift was my coffee hic hic ...have a great time ..colleen
The 16th March
Went to Candolim beach that day on the bus only 5 rupees everyone should use the bus its such fun .
went to Lawrencio's...shack have been going there for years Michael and Raj are 2 smashing young men we gave them football shirts in November and took photos of them so we brought them back their photos and they were so happy ...the toilets in this shack are one of The best toilets in Goa much nicer than Bono's so for any new people going to goa DO TRY Lawrencio's...shack the food is lovely and you dont pay for beds plus the prices are a lot cheaper than other shacks at Candolim beach
That night we went to .Rising Waves in Candolim to eat I was not too happy with the menu I did have a chicken with nice sauce dish it was nice but I will not rush back there again it was just alright I found it very dark so had to go in side to look at the menu :rofl

The 17th of march St patricks day

Went down to breakfast in my green clobber got some funny look's from the staff some of the people who were staying at the hotel asked me where I got my St Patricks day stuff and did I get it in Goa the answer is NO I brought it all over with me I was able to give 2 ladies shamrock bead's and a head band with shamrock on top so that made them very happy ..
Our friends smudger1 and Granny Pat come up from down south for paddys night in Molly Malones bless them so when they got there about 11 ish we had a coffee and they went off to see some friends at the hotel they had stayed at in Nov and we went to Calangute beach we went to tipsy shack has a great day there on that beach there is never a dull moment I could sit there for hours .
left the beach early to get back get washed dressed and back out for Molly Malones WHAT A FAB NIGHT everyone was there Irish Noel his O/H Polly50 and her O/H Mike Richardson and a few friends Newbutt and O/H Candy64 .Smudger 1 and granny Pat . sleeps-r us and her cousin chilly and her O/H Dragon 7 and his family :think have I forgot anyone I know there were lots of us ..Miss chilly got me bight time with green Holi paint..I will add a few photos when I get back sorry have to go out just now ....AND CHILLY I might just tell all these lovely people what really did happen to you when you got off the bike :rofl ....it was not as hot that night we were sat at the back by the window and under a fan we very very lucky to get such good seats
Thanks for the link but when I click on it tells me the domain name expired, I cant see any reference to The Colonia de Braganza on there? :que

Rachel
Hi Mini Manx

Most of the rooms at the Braganza consist of a lounge, kitchen area, bedroom and wet room. The lounge and bedrooms have balconys except a few on the ground floor, we prefer the first or second floor, the top floor can get a bit hot at this time of year

The rooms overlooking the pool areas tend to be a bit brighter in the day time but are nearly 4' smaller than the back rooms due to the stairs.

I think you are best to wait until you get there and if you don't like your room ask to look at a few of the others. Saddly David the manager for the last nine years left last week so I can't give you his number but the staff on reception and the room boys are very good, so if you have any problems just tell them.

Link to web site http://coloniabraganzaresorts.com/index.htm
Hi Irish Colleen

Love your report, warts an all, just waiting for the next epsode
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.