Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
I said somewhere else about there being so many operators, that sometimes the only difference is the level of service, well here is an example:

I had a great holiday in May with Redcrest, but i did have one minor gripe. On the way out, i was put in the front seats.....they have less legroom and im 6ft 2!!! Therefore, it wasnt the best, but like i said, only a minor gripe. However, since i paid an extra £20 for the seats (that i didnt get on the way out) i did mention this whilst onsite. The reps checked it out, apologised, and got back to me to reassure me that we would have our correct seats on the way home. That was good service. A few days ago i wrote to Redcrest in Carlisle to mention this problem, highlighting that the holiday was great, but i felt my seats had been downgraded on the way out, instead of upgraded as they should have been. Not less than 2 days later, i get my cash back with an apology, and even though i did get the right seats on the way home, they refunded the full amount as they acknowledged their error.

What a refreshing and professional way to deal with a minor complaint. Compare that to the utter cheek, rudeness, and unprofessionalism i received from Siesta when i made a much more serious complaint in the late 90's. I know which of the companies i WILL go with again, and which company i WONT!

Well done Redcrest, see you next year! :D
Thanks again for the advice.. refering to what you said about front seats less leg room etc how come they charged me extra for front seats? there must be some sort of advantage I suppose??

Cheers

P
Oh Dear! Rangers towels and England towels. I am going to Castell Montgri for the first time. I had reservations about going in case it was full of British holidaymakers wearing team colours, union jacks and growling at each other. Sounds like my fears are confirmed.

Being from the West Coast of Scotland the last thing I want to see on holiday is Celtic and rangers tops.
Stevie in the majority of places you go you will always see
Celtic and Rangers tops, people do tend to wear them on
holiday. Not saying which one I wear :wink:
Stevie, get real!!! You will see football colours everywhere you go, not just at Castell Montgri. I dont GROWL at anyone in the rival colours, dont wear my top whilst on holiday, all i had was a towel. Some people do go a bit OTT, and have a different strip on everyday, but that is their choice, they are entitled to wear what they want!

As with the UK, Spain is a free country......if you dont like that, then that's your opinion and your problem!.....and as Castell Montgri is a campsite primarily aimed at people from the UK, then maybe you have made the wrong choice!
all I had was a towel

I have this picture of you going about in nothing but
a towel for a fortnight :rofl :rofl

Sorry cidermonster :wink:
Cidermonster, maybe it's just me but i don't see why people have to advertise where they come from when abroad. If the campsite is aimed at British holidaymakers then why the need to let everyone know you are british?

I was at Cypsela last year and saw very few football tops.
Well, given the footy results i heard when i was out there....... (oh, better not go into that on here!)

Trust me, Bluebabe, me in just a towel would definitely be a reason NOT to go to Castell Montgri!!!! :wink:
Dunno Stevie, like i said some people do go a bit OTT - its been a long time since i have taken a football strip with me, but just happens that my two big beach towels are one Rangers, and one Saltire!!

I personally dont see the point either of going with 14 different t-shirts that say England, or Scotland, but some people want to, and good luck to them if that is what they want!
thanks for the price info cidermonster my man cant believe you didnt have one pint of cider!!! im off 3 weeks yesterday cant wait and have bought my new shiny football shirt to wear with pride. is there a macdonalds near by
I have no idea what you are on about (im lovin' it, na na na na na! :wink: )

I dont like Cider in hot climes, totally dehydrates you and makes you feel like **** the next day!! That is why i only drink it in cooler climes, and you dont get much cooler than Scotland!
im loving a wee refreshing pint of magners at the moment!! what time do u leave buchanan street with redcrest and roughly arrive
Ive been going around everywhere with my mp3 listening to one of these learn spanish jobs!! Im going to Castel Montgri so I probably dont need to, but I think the spanish probably like it, if us brits at least attempt to talk their language??

Ive only just joined this site but its great... really gets you in the holiday mood
Club C, you will probably leave around 7ish, and you should get there around 11am - 1pm (hopefully!)

Pat, i speak some italian and french, but never learned Spanish due to the fact that, yes, its pretty much aimed at us Brits anyway, plus the fact that that locals speak Catalan as their first language, so although they will speak spanish to you, if they are speaking to each other, they would speak Catalan and you wouldnt understand! I should really learn a bit spanish though, after doing some Italian i heard it is pretty similar!
Pat, also meant to say....

The front seats are regarded as better as you get a better view of the journey, that is all.

Yes, this site does get you in the mood, i need another hol already!!!
Cheers

Only 3 weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!
just 7 weeks for us :lol: :lol: :lol:
hi there!
I have just returned from Castell Montgri after spending a week there.
My wife and I have been on three previous occasions (the last in 1999). We have since had two daughters and decided to go to Castell Montrgri because of its family orientated facilities.
We travelled by coach through Siesta (which we used last time). I wanted to fly but my wife wanted to take the kids on the EuroDisney excursion. The journey by coach puts many people off but I think of it as part of the holiday and enjoy it just the same. It is not that bad!
The site itself has not changed. It is exactly how I remember it apart from the LaBassa pool (the very top one) was closed. We have always gone in August but because of the kids decided to go in June for the cooler weather. We like the LaBassa pool with its waterfall scenery but it is only opened up during July and August.
The bottom pool is excellent for toddlers/small children and both the bottom pool and the panarama pool have grassed areas so there is no need to hire the loungers (which are not expensive compared to other places that provide loungers).
I found that the campsite was slightly more expensive than the rest of Estartit, but not that much. The happy hour makes up for that. 18.00-19.00 is 2 for 1 drinks!!!!
I am now in the process of booking my holidays for next year and we are looking at Castell Montgri again
I agree about La Bassa, it's a pity they dont open it earlier season, but i think they leave it till July / august, as there are a lot of independent pitches up that way that will be taken by Dutch / German tourists at that time, therefore that area should be busier.

Sun loungers? Well, everywhere else i have been they have been free. I have to say that at €3.70 a day, over a fortnight for the two of us, then i think that is pretty expensive (£70 over two weeks) , but like you say you dont need to take them, there are grassy areas (or just be like me, and kick some of the loungers out of the way up at the pool to make space for my towel! :lol: )
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.