Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
I'll be there in just over 4 weeks! :D

I'll let you know when i come back if there is anything i can help you with, although being veggie i tend to give foreign restaurants a bum-steer, they dont quite grasp the concept!

Happy to help with anything else though!
im off on the sixth of july. cidermonster would you be as kind to note down the prices in euros if you purchasse the following from camp
1> a pint of lager or CIDER
2> a mr pincho kebab
3> the hire of sunloungers
4> a game of pool
5> a round of putting

any of these would be great to budget for my holiday!!!

admin better english for you
1) cider...yes, beer? Yeurgh, no (unless i see the price on a billboard!)
2) No idea what that is, and given my diet, i wouldnt! :P
3) Aye, should be able to get those, although i will tell you now....EXTORTIONATE!
4) I'll try, i usually play my pool elsewhere up the town!
5) Mini Golf? Which course? We usually play on the one just outside the campsite next to the bar at the entrance. Were you thinking of the one inside the camp?

So i will try my best ;)
6th July? I've been in July a couple of times, always found the campsite a tad too busy at that time to be honest!
thanks any help would be good. mr pincho is that wee man that cleans the camp during the day then flogs kebebs on sticks at nite at the top pool. would you say the camp is butlins in the sun?? oh and i hope dj mark still aint there :roll:
Still aint heard of him, mate!! Trust me, i have no interest in looking for kebabs! :lol: :wink:

S'pose you could call it Butlins in the sun, but i think the accommodation is way better!! It maybe is a bit like that in July, it can be a bit overcrowded, a bit of a meat market, but in early and late season we love it! I know that when i go early may that we will have the panoramic pool practically to ourselves for the first few days!! Bliss!

Oh, i'll even check the exchange rate to see what the campsite is giving in terms of exchange! :)
:lol: hi jo was there last june going again this june and as far as i know jocs will be open for your time of the year,i dont stay on the campsite i book my apartment through ESTARTITOWNERS CLUB well worth a look enjoy your holiday
8) 8) 8) [/b]
Hey Club Catastrophe,

didnt get all your stuff but this might help.........

1) Only drank spirits, but a Vodka/Coke or a Bacardi/Coke were going for around €3.80
2) The only kebabs i saw were being sold down at L'ombra bar, and they only started doing this on the night we were going away. They were going for €3
3) A scandalous €3.70 per day - As said elsewhere, if we both did that everyday, it would be £70 for our holiday - i filled my coolbag with Vodka for that! :wink:
4) Didnt play pool, sorry!
5) Mini Golf? Well, we didnt play onsite, but we did have a couple of games at the one just outside the camp, next to the Cocktail bar (better course in my view!) A round of mini golf there was €4

Hope that helps!
hi can you tell me how long the airport is from the campsite?
Hi suez, using mappy it is an estimated 55min journey around 46 kms :D
Hi Jo,
We have just come back from Estartit and it was so beautiful. The beaches are awesome but the sand is extremely hot. If you are taking children make sure you have beach shoes for them.
Bar Baracuda, which is just off one of the streets from the beach is an English Pub but they serve great food.
We had several children with us and although they loved the campsite and the beach they found the walking hard going. I must admit the hills at Castel Montigri are killers :cry: . We were almost at the top of the campsite and arrived amid a downpour and by the time we got to our holiday home we were ready to turn back and go home (added to this our flight was cancelled the day before so we were a day late flying with Ryanair).
Taxi services in the town are almost non existant except for a fantastic one we found. Taxi Alex :D on (0034) 659550550 has a large Merc minibus and is a really nice bloke. He picks up at the airport in Gerona if prebooked for 95euro's. You can prebook at his website at http://www.taxialex.com
Hope you have a great time there, we did in the end
How was the Baracuda Bar? I have had people tell me about it, i was gonna go in one night, but they had a kinda dodgy sounding band on, so i gave it a miss. I also always heard it referred to as an English pub, not a British pub, and (sadly) as a Scot i dont always feel welcome in English pubs these days (sign of the times! :( )

I love the Estartit hills!! :) We walked over 30 miles whilst there, and that was only the walks i timed with my pedometer, that isnt counting the walk into town every night! We did the Castle and the hill with the aerial again too (roca maura) as well as walking to the River Ter and then on to Torrella!! Phew, that was a TIRING holiday!! :lol:
Hiya,
Many apologise for making you feel unwanted at the British Pubs, I have always referred to the whole country as being England cos I feel we are all Brits at the end of the day and lets face it whether we come from England, Scotland, Wales or Ireland we are all considered to be beer swilling louts. Think about poor me, I am blonde and come from Essex!!!!! (no jokes pleasssssssseeeeeeeee)

Any Bar Barracuda is a lovely British Pub, people are very very friendly, prices are good and more importantly they show footie!!!!!

There was another pub, I can't for the life of me remember what it was called though, and the landlady is Scotish. The place is almost at the end of the street where they hold the market. There is a hair braiding shop on the corner but I really can remember what its called apart from it begins with P.

The receptionist at Redcrest knows the people who run it, I think her name is Sarah.

Deb
Hiya Debbie,

No probs, but referring to the whole country as England is what puts Scots, Welsh, Irish off, im afraid! Im British, yes, English, no. I think some of the British pubs abroad need to remember that there are four countries in the UK, a lot of them seem to forget that.

Im quite happy to mingle with everyone whilst abroad, but over the last few years i just feel that the Brits from individual countries dont seem to get on very well! You have the English wearing England tops, Scots wearing Scotland tops, etc.......i had a Great Britain t-shirt, i felt like i was from a strange country that no one else knew!! :lol: I also felt a few people scowling at my Scotland towel hanging up to dry at my caravan.....maybe it's just me, maybe i look mean!!!! :P :shock: Anyway, next time im there i will give the Baracuda a try (as long as that band isnt on again!!!)

Handy to know about the Taxi service though, never had to use one whilst i have been there though!
Hi ya,

I love to see all the diffrent flags of GB and would have said a big hello if I had seen your scothish towel hanging in your caravan. I have the union jack on my towel and I displayed that proudly on the sunbeds (can you believe you have to pay 3.5 euro a day for them!!!!).

I will try to remember the name of the other place as well but at the moment this dumb blonde head wont work.

Do you fly to Gerona? if so what airline od you use. We went with Ryanair and arrived at the check in to be told our flight had been cancelled and that we had to pay for a hotel room out of our own pockets, not a great start to the holiday especially as we were a party of 8 travelling with a 1 yr old baby and a 3 year old hyperactive lad. We have about £5 between us in sterling, what a nightmare.
I travel by coach, Debs, im petrified from flying (although i must try and get over the fear!!) I always have around £100 in Sterling on me, just in case! Usually English notes to avoid any hassle (another gripe of mine!)

I had my Rangers Union Jack towel alongside my Scottish one.......funnily enough, the Rangers one was on display quite a lot on my second week there! :lol: The sunbed charges are a joke, i worked it out that if we both took one everyday for the whole fortnight, it would have cost us £70!! I filled my suitcase with....erm....medicinal liquids for that cost ;)
Trying to guess the pub you mention, i remember seeing a hair crimpers too (not that i need them!) I used to quite like the Scottish Pub in Estartit too, but like a lot of British pubs, it is no longer there either :(
What dates were you in Estartit? A week or two weeks?
Hi

I am a single "Dad" taking my 15 year old son with Club C on the coach to Castel Montgri, leaving from Milton Keynes.... Ive noticed a lot of bad reviews!! are they that bad?? I paid extra to sit at the front of the coach but they couldnt really tell me the advantages of sitting at the front, any ideas??
We are going to Castel Montgri beginning of July...
Any advice tips etc for holiday/journey, I would be very grateful

P
I had some probs with Club C when i went to Italy, but it wasnt really journey related, and i had an excellent holiday to the south of France with them, so they aint that bad.

The main thing that puts me off is the hub changeover, as it really delays me in getting home (central Scotland!) and also the fact that they dont seem to care too much about their northern customers as they dont have a hostess till the hub changeover, but given your location Pat, you wont have too many problems with these issues :)
We went 16th May and returned 26th May. A lot of the stuff on the camp only really got going in the last few days. We had evening entertainment but it was a bit rough. There was a hypnotis called Jeff who had major trouble getting people under his spell. Made for a boring evening. Then he reapperared the following evening as a magician, the drinks were flowing that night I can tell you!!!!!!!

I don't want to seem that I am giving the camp bad press or anything cos we fully understand it had only just opened for the season but then again the camp booking cost us £900 plus our flights on top so we did expect a decent level of availability.

My sister thinks the bar/cafe is called Pariha or something like that. If you ask the Redcrest receptionist called Sarah she will be able to tell you as she is good friends with the owner.
What a great site.. Thanks for the reply cider....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.