Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Nice review. hope all this shutting places down because of hassle is sorted out for when we go in 6 weeks time. Di.
heared they was 52 bar/restaraunts closed for hassle in icmeler and marmaris , shame really. they really do need to try extra hard to get customers in the place is deadly quiet.3rd week into season our friend closed his restaraunt for good not even waiting for the season to pick up said he cant see it happening ,chef ,insurance,wages just cant be payed hoping for july an d august to be better.i feel really sorry for the turkish the last 2 years was bad but they seem to think this year worse. what are the tour ops doing .they not trying to tempt us with cheap holidays anymore.i know the owner of alvu 1.2.3.4 and even he only opened 2 and they werent full.we also were only 2 in our apartments for 1 week then joined by another 2 rooms ,half term was no better.a couple we spoke too payed 900 for 2 adults and 1 child ,thats shocking for 1 week ,
icmeler/marmaris has been getting quiter for last few years different people have different views why,
i know many who are hoping it picks up for all season,
hassle is abit of problem but when people are losing buisness and jobs for local council to shut them down. i would rather have the hassle
ditto jcarey m8 every year is a different story but we still have a brill time :tup i only have 10 more sleeps and i ll be there meself :sun2 so hope it does pick up for everyone and hope the powers that be sort out the pricings for hols and flights to Turkey as they are grossly over inflated
Just back from Icemeler and saw a few restuarants closed by the police .most of shop keepers and restuarants worried by how quiet it is. Still had a great time and enjoyed the Turkish peoples hospitality and sense of fun. Place went wild when they beat Croatia!! Appartments we were staying in said in May they sold 1 bottle of water and one room occupied. Why not cheap flights to encourage travellers?
We also got back last week and noticed how quiet everywhere was only a few restaurants were busy at night and even the beach was quite empty during day I dont know how some bars are making it pay
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.