Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
that sounds good buffalo bar 1.75 effes i drink there most lunchtimes the bar which is 2 lira effes is probably champion bar opposite ,glad you had good holiday
Hi jcarey,thanks for your report, we noticed prices had gone up too but felt it was still good value. Tell me you never really bought a meal at Dalaman, or did you win the lottery?
:rofl
i thougt £11 for 2 kit kats and 2 drinks was bad enough, no we didnt
glad you enjoyed it,
looking, for next year i am
hi molly malone
no didnt win lotto but wish i did after paying that all the years i been to that airport i still got stung :cry

Hi jcarey,thanks for your report, we noticed prices had gone up too but felt it was still good value. Tell me you never really bought a meal at Dalaman, or did you win the lottery?
I 've been back from Icmeler 3 weeks and pay'd 15.99 ytl for a happy meal it's outrageous.
We just got back this morning and i must say that it wasn't a cheap as everybody was telling us, Icmeler is lovely and we had a great hotel but the prices were just a bit cheaper than at home, Most people that we spoke to who had been before said that the prices ahd gone up on previous years, family of four self catering 2 weeks, i took £2000, i walked in my house this morning with £10 and 5 lira.....That was with 1 jeep safari, and eating out every night (Mostly at Venice) 5 bags and 1 watch

Stew
hastings 69
i agree i took over 2500 on are holiday and didnt waste any but it is getting simalar prices to uk :cry . at the back of resort is cheaper but bars and restaurants seem to be charging alot more, i hope they realise that prices have to be competive and welcoming to tourists, as in recent years tourism has been affected in turkey and to get tourists back and new ones it has to be affordable to familys.
Jcarey

I can't agree more, i came on here before we went as we've never been to Turkey before and was asking about spending money, i said that i was taking £2000 and was told by more than 1 person that i would have plenty!!!!!
Even going to the market we noticed that prices are just below UK prices, yes there are plenty of restaurants that did a deal for £6.99 but the food was poor.
One lady on here was only taking around £700 for a family of 3 for 2 weeks, i'd love to see what she thought!!!!

Stew
i have recently started a post on prices as i`m affraid if we all want to go to turkey in the future they will drive us to AI. and therefore put thereselves out of business.
and most of your posts just back up my concerns.
Andy
Yikes....we fly out to Marmaris tomorrow & I'm getting a little bit concerned by these last posts. This will be our 4th visit in the last 5 years (didn't make it last year) & I'll be honest, the prices out there are one of the main reasons for returning.

I wonder if the price increases are a a result of the 'no hassling' rules, that I believe were instigated last summer & appear to be kicking in this summer? Are the restaurants not getting as many people in now, as their greeters are left impotent & is it a case of the restaurants requiring the same income from fewer customers?

Gulp.....I'm starting to think that the hassling was preferable to a price hike! :shock:
my mother lives near marmaris and says prices are getting too high in the main tourist areas, and she watches huge increases on menu boards the end of april for the season, she says its cheaper in the uk for lots of things now and always buys her clothes in the uk for quality and prices. its a shame they are doing this, but they seem to think if its quiet put the prices up not realising this doesnt work and will force people to either go all inc or not return to turkey

i always look to eat in the out of the way places where the quality and prices seem to be much better, it will be interesting to see what prices are like in akyaka this year, as this isnt very touristy and has always been reasonably priced, i will report back when i return ,we are going in about 2 wks.
It has made me think about returning next year which is a shame as i loved Turkey, we would spend £80-£100 per night on food and drink which is more than i'd spend at home.The market is not much better for bargains either, just be carefull where you go and how much you spend.....

Stew
please can you tell me where the Buffalo bar is

Thanks

John
easiest way to get to buffalo
go past taxi and atms head towards the beach front turn right at the chill bar carry on passed and you will go between houses at the end will bring you out to street turn left it is their on right
easiest way to get to buffalo
go past taxi and atms head towards the beach front turn right at the chill bar carry on passed and you will go between houses at the end will bring you out to street turn left it is their on right

So that's turn immediately right at the Chill Bar ?
Thanks
John
we spent £700 in Icmeler in May for 2 people for 2 weeks , eating out every night ,trips, clothes, we did not go to all the expensive resturants though we went to little Turkish cafes and ate local food, saved us £300 by not eating steaks each night. It all depends what you want out of your holiday :)
After reading posts you are putting me off Icmeler imof to Kussadasi next year but would love to go back to Icmeler soon as this was the first turkey holiday i ever had, would love to go back for old time sake but id still want value for money, Is it just a fact that the turks are now just making a killing out of the british tourist?
I went at the end of June for a week - just me and spent £200. Ate out 5 of the 7 nights and had a boat trip. Didnt think that was too bad at all.

Louise
My family and I (2 kids aged 14 and 16) went for a week at the end of July and managed on £700. That was eating out each night and drinking and we even took in a few shows in the town.True we did not do any tours as we wanted to relax for a week but we thought £700 for a week was fine. Prices seemed ok to me but it was our first time so can not really compare to previous years.Am going back for 2 weeks next year so it will be interesting to see how much the prices have risen then.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.