Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Just Back
65 Posts
just back from adams beach hotel in nissi bay you can read my oppinion on hotel reviews
Just got back from Coral Bay having been in 2004 and 2005. Had a brilliant time and its still a lovely place and very family orientated but I noticed some things I'd not seen before

- touts! Quite a few in Paphos harbour area and even one in Coral Bay. Never seen them before and although they are polite and do take no for an answer I hope this isn't the start of a slippery slope like the Canaries :roll:

- first time I've seen a number of number of parties of lads on their own and first time I've seen a group of drunk lads in Coral Bay

It's possible they've been there all the time I have and I've never noticed before but I do hope that the place maintains its family/couple friendly atmosphere.

Finally, been bitten rotten for the first time. Maybe I'm just more tasty now I'm a bit older :lol:
I made a big badge that says I already have a home here, seems to work, so many complaints about these touts but I guess the property developers have greased a few pockets, why the law does not jump on these people, I am sure most are ilegal workers..although I don't really blame them.. I am sure it puts many tourist's off returning, this must be costing the Cypriot tourist industry big time, along with the high cost of flights here.

Moan over for the day!! :wink:
got back about 4.30am uk time today :cry:

missing protaras already going to go and book to go back next year in a few weeks

will do all me reports and stuff later
Got back early hours of Monday morning after Flyjet delay

We were lucky really we only had a 2 hour delay going and a 6 hour delay coming back not like the people who had gone the week earlier than us and had the 18 hour delay - no more flyjet though they have gone out of business

Anyway - stayed at the Sandra Apartments - couldnt get any more central on the strip - nice apartments - quite basic but clean - was suitable for what we used them for - pool area was nice and could easily get a sunbed.

Had some lovely meals out - would defo recommend Oscars - very reasonaly priced and our best meal was in Los Bandidos (Aiya Napa) - had an awful meal the first night was late (10.30ish) at Erato - no excuses though wouldnt eat here again

All in all we had a lovely relaxing holiday - our preference is still aiya napa over Protaras but would recommend Cyprus to anyone we love it

Any questions feel free

jo
Welcome back Joanne :D

When you've got time would you add your review of the Sandra apartments by Clicking Here

Many thanks :wave
Many thanks Joanne for your review of the Sandra apartments :tup
Well back safe and sound, though knackered! and back to the rain and its FREEZING!!

Will post back over the next few days with a wee report and hotel reviews etc.

Jaime C :wave
back last night from protaras, great flights this year no delays :D stayed at the sandra apts ( report to follow) . had great weather and a really good holiday, tried the jeep safari this year which was good if not comfortable. would not go again as its a one off experience really, and from protaras you spend about four hours on the motorway. but the sites are breathtaking at times and there are lots of stop offs of interest.
we spent our nights in the zodiac bar and as usual the gorgeous natalie and lucy kept us all entertained. there was a bit of noise from building works opposite the sandra but this wasnt as bad as some of the thoughtless guests who slammed doors and argued at daft o clock on a few occasions. but all in all very happy with our holiday :D
Hi Dave, Glad you had a good holiday. Look forward to reading your report on the Sandra to see how they compare to the Lantiana and brilliant apartments. Bet you're missing the sunshine already, it's been tipping it down here all day :cry:
Just back from protaras it is the first time we have been. We loved it and will be going back next year. Stayed at the alva will post a review later. We had some fab meals our favourite restaurant was olympus the food and the service were first class. The weather was great we spent everyday on the lovely beach, the sea was clear and warm perfect for swimming. People were very friendly and the resort has a lovely atmosphere, we were sad to leave one week was not long enough.
Just got home now.

Gutted I had to leave and to be fair very emotional this time as my parents now live there so had to say goodbye to them as well.

Oh well its nearly 5am and have work at 11.30am so need a couple of hours sleep.
Hi Ian,

Glad you enjoyed your holiday. Can't believe it was a week ago since we met up.

Did you enjoy the football??!!

amber
hello cardiff..pubdog...amber..hope you all had a good time..pity we didnt get to go.but hey theres always next may if any-one wants another mini meet..now wheres the pictures????
Hev we must have been thinking on the same lines as I posted the pic as you posted your message lol.

Pubdog, shut it lol.

Amber I didnt really enjoy it as eventhough the Welsh fans turned up it didnt seem as though the Welsh team did.
where have you posted the pic then cardiff??
Just got back from Protaras yesterday. (Vangelis)

Abslutely fantastic weather this year.

First holiday that I can remember that the kids didn't wake up once, look out the window and say, at least once ''a bit cloudy today , dad". Blue sky every morning, and only the odd scattered cloud throughout our time there.

Not one drop of the wet stuff, lovely and hot, sea like a mirror. Fantastic.

Wind changed direction on our last day and came in from the sea. Got a wee bit blowy if you were in open, and the sea had some ripples on it. (but hey, it was over half way through October! :wink: )

Some lovely meals at night and, as usual, some great entertainment at night. (Bid mention to Matt Craig who entertains everyone!!)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.