Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Just Back
65 Posts
I got back on sunday night. 1 week was too short but as this was our first family holiday (with 18mth old son) i didnt want to risk staying any longer. Next time would definately do 2 weeks.
We stayed on the west side of Cyprus and explored as much as we could. Did the Akamas drive and also went to see Cedar Valley. We were supposed to go all the way to Mt Olympus but my son wasnt finding the mountain roads to his liking so we turned back to Paphos.
The weather was perfect...late 20s and no rain (although when we arrived last sunday we could see clouds and there were a few wet patches around).
All in all a very enjoyable holiday and would definately be going again soon.

PS. Not sure if this is against the rules but...I bought a vodafone sim card from a shop in Paphos. However, it didnt work in my phone so i have brought it back with me. It cos £15CYP and has £3CYP worth of credit on it. If anyone is interested in buying it off me please pm me. (mods please delete this paragraph if it is against rules)
it should fit your phone.. if it did not work then you need to get your phone unlocked
got back from pernera last saturday and had a fab time. got money changed at travel agents just around the corner from the chemist the rate was the best in the area at 82.5 with no commision. cant believe how much building work is being done and am slightly concerned that pernera is going to change into protaras as there were a lot of elvis and robbie williams in the pubs!!! think we will be going to greece next year and maybe try cyprus again in a couple of years so we dont get tired of going to the same place. lindsay
Got back from Protaras/Pernera last night had a great flight going out straight into check-in first there the flight on the way back though was a bit of trouble we got into larnaca airport and the ques were out the doors so a hour & 45 mins later we finally got there and found out they had over booked our plane! having not living in Manchester makes it worse because my husband had to stay off work to pick us up on the night time what happend was they had over booked our plane and then chucked 6 familys off there which had rang up a day before to comfirm we were going to be there and the lady at check-in never told us they had to transfer us to another flight so we go to our gate get our tickets ripped and then she pulls us back saying no no no wrong flight wrong flight but in the end we got on the plane a hour later which went to manchester ! :)

Anyway had a great holiday it rained on Tuesday everyone on the beach literally left there bags & ran into the Constantino's hotel were there was then my mum & dad stood in the rain saying RAIN GLORIOUS RAIN ! but after 5 minutes the rain went of and if you would have just arrived you wouldnt off knwon it rained were it was so dry again ! i see all the shops are starting to close now in Protaras being the end of season! were looking to book up for christmas next! :D

CourtneeLouise
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.