Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi

I have been to Goa 3 times and hopefully will be going back in Feb 07. We are then going travelling round Europe from March - Oct 2007 in a campervan. Then in 2008 the real fun begins as myself and my partner plan to travel round a large part of India for a whole year - exciting times!

Not sure yet of route etc but my sister will be volunteering in a village near Chennai so we will be visiting her at some stage for sure. We will make plans of where we will definately go in India upon our return from Europe next year.

Sian
Strictly Goa these days but in the future will probably do a bit more :wink: been to Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedebad, Pushkar, Agra, Chandigargh, Manali on my past trips, Manali is Beautiful so will more than likely head up that way on future trips 8)
Hi Fiona, I dont know if this counts, but I stay in India, in Bangalore to be precise and travel quite a bit within the country..
Rajasthan looks like a "must do".
I just wondered if people went to Goa first and then went on to travel if it was vice versa.
However, you bring up a good point- how many of our members live in India?
I Live in New Delhi, Mumbai and jaipur. as per job requirements.
but most of the time i'm in Delhi
Cheers
OM NAMAH SHIVAY
I havn't, but plan to do Munbai, rajasthan, agra, kerala all in the near future
Have visited Mumbai 4 times and have booked to do Delhi and Agra when I visit Goa in Jan 2007
Just Goa and Mumbai but when Jnr Jocks a little older would love to explore more :P
In November, after a couple of weeks in Nepal, we visited Varanasi and then transferred to Delhi to do the Golden Triangle tour of Delhi, Jaipur and Agra and back to Delhi before flying direct to Goa for a much needed week of rest.
We return to Candolim at the end of January for four weeks but Panjim and Mapusa will be as far as we go this time !!.

Dave
Ive done the golden triangle, Dehli and the Taj Mahal tours.Also did Hampi by train from Goa. Hope to do Bombay soon and Kerala.
I've just posted today about the Golden Triangle on the Indian Ocean forum- so I would love some advice/info :D ( but on that thread of course!) :D
  • Edited by Fiona 2006-12-17 09:05:46
I had thought that more members had been to Kerala- it seems quite popular in the Indian Ocean forum.
Hi there, I backpacked India for 6 months in 1998/99 and this was my route (as far as I can remember):
Delhi, Agra, Varanasi, Calcutta, Andaman Islands, Chennai, Pondicherry, Auroville, Mahabalipuram, Varkala and Kovalam in Kerala, Mysore, Hampi, Goa, Bombay, Palitana (Gujarat), Udaipur, Jaisalmer (Rajhastan), Shimla, Manali, Vashisht, Dharamsala (Himalayas), Manikaran, Mussorie, Rishikesh then back to Delhi.

Phew, we crammed quite a lot in 6 months as you can see but we enjoyed every place (Some more than others!!). I did keep a diary which I should really type up, as that would be great but I'd be here on the PC forever!!
Interested to know what it's like to go there for a holiday?
we're back in goa for the 7th time nov/dec.
we've just cancelled a holiday in cuba and are going to kerala for the first time in feb/march instead.
looking forward to that!!
BOB
Bobthebus
we did Kerala in Feb this year,as a change from Goa
don,t forget to do the backwater trip on the rice barge
the scenery is breathtaking,we also did the trip to
Lands End stayed overnight to watch the first sunrise in
India really wonderfull,you also stop at a wooden palace
on the way and some great temple,s.so glad we did it all.
where are you staying in KERALA?
ann :)
hello Fiona
I have lived a year close to Mumbai (Bombay) in a university city called Poway.
During this year i visited Matheran, Ajanta/Ellora, New Delhi, towns around the Bombay and of course Goa on 1971 :-) Year before our visit a famous all around the world hippie gathering had took place there and ones who did not want to leave and those who didnt have the money to leave were scattered around the beaches of Goa. I can assure you that it was possible to buy fresh fish and lobsters at Calangute beach from fishermen and time to times you were the sole human being as far as the eye could see on the beach, in the middle of the day. Unbelievable!
elephant
42 sleeps to go :-)
We have been to Goa once and will be returning again in 3 weeks!!! However, we are going to Kerala first for a week. This is the first time to Kerala so don't know what to expect really. We are staying in a few places and doing the rice barge (can't wiat for that). We have also been to Sri Lanka twice, does that count?
Gill
Will be returning to Goa for the 6th time in December.

Have also been to Mumbai, Kerala, and parts of Karnataka.

It's all fantastic. :love2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.