UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi,

I used to live near there ;)
There are lots of B&B's and private rental accommodation up in KLB and Sandwood Bay is gorgeous. If you're planning to walk on Sandwood Beach, you park your car and walk for about 3 miles to get to it ;)
North West Sutherland is a lovely place, very rugged and untouched. There are beaches all around the coast up there, all beautiful and easier to get to than Sandwood.

If I had a choice I'd prefer to stay outwith the village of Kinlochbervie, its ok but as its a main fishing port and there are far prettier views other than rusty old fishing boats, lol.

The main hotels up there (there's about 3 of them) are all pretty dated and I'd go for a cottage, bungalow or B&B.

TV signal is fine up there but you may find you won't have mobile phone signal as the mast receptions are patchy.

Scenery is spectacular, the mountains of Foinaven, Stack and Ben Hope are stunning.

I'm happy to answer any questions so feel free to ask away ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.