Hello everybody, im new to this so i just thought i would tell you about my weekend.

My wife and I thought it would be nice to get away as we live in Manchester in a busy town. After spending hours looking on the internet to see what weekend breaks we could get i found a great hotel in New Galloway called The Cross Keys Hotel. So i spoke to the wife and we agreed to give it a shot. That night we got packed up ready to go the following day. We drove up the motorway, into Scotland and headed towards Dumfries and Galloway. It was a great drive up, the sun was lovely and views were great when we got onto the A75. We got a bit peckish so we pulled onto this layby and stopped at a nice wee burgar bar - It was very nice.
So we then traveled for another few miles and arrived in New Galloway, we thought it was a lovely area with nice views and nice tearooms to visit. The Cross Keys was just on the main street as we drove in so it was easy to find which was really good. We checked it no problem with Susan and she was very helpful and showed us places to visit and things to do in the area. We went up to our room which was very cosy and had everything you need. Although we didn't eat in here the first night, we did the rest of the stay because the meals very outstanding. I had the lamb in mint gravy......oh it was lovely, my mouths watering just thinking about it. So my wife and i stayed there 3 nights and it was a very nice break away, its just a shame we had to come home. We will definatly be doing it again later in the year.

So thats my weekend, i would love to hear from the rest of you to see if anyone else has stayed in Dumfries and Galloway before and hear your reviews on the area. I will be writing again soon telling you of all the great places my wife and i visit.