Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Kos Airport
8 Posts
strangely i have not found kos any different to most of the small island airports we have always found it quite well organised [if a little slow] in peak season thy all struggle ans some only have queing outside now that is a killer in the summer heat

when you last went what was the problem ,how many years ago? they did some re-organising a year or so back

yasus
wizard
Hi
Last visited about 2 years ago. The main problem was checking in took a long time, we still hadnt checked in when the tanoy called our flight, we had to take our cases to another queue after check in to be scanned, we still had to go through passport control, the queue was very long for that as well. Was getting anxious by this point although we knew the plane wouldnt leave without us. We eventually got through and boarded straight away. It was very busy and people were wandering around trying to find which queue was which. :que I was hoping If we go in June it may be a bit calmer, I have been to other Greek airports which have been as small, but this felt the worst for organisation. Just had to have a Vodka and coke on the plane to calm my nerves :tup
We used the airport in early July. No particular problems with the airport apart from long queues at check in - mind you our flights were at four in the morning - might be worse at busier periods.
HI
Just to let you know I dithered and eventually changed my mind and booked for Crete instead.
2 weeks in Stalis next June......countdown has started :)
M
Hi Im sure you will enjoy stalis, we did, lots of places to see around and about. hope you enjoy
margaret(madmum)
Hi Madmum
Where did you stay, we are staying Rainbow Apartments,last stayed there about 12 years ago. Usually stay at the Koni, but last time there were lots of noisy young people who wanted to party, so spoilt it for us..we are too old for all that nonsense, it is a shame because the Koni apartments were fine just felt like they had become the overspill for Malia party goers :yikes
M
Hi M ,we stayed over the road from the Robin Hood, on the same side as the bakery sorry cant remember the name but it overlooked the old crazy golf and the beach, its a few years ago now, but the one place that stays with me is Spinaloga, you must visit if you get a chance, its the old leper island, if you read books the story of it is caled " the isand" by Victoris Hislop,
Margaret(madmum) :cheers :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.