Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Kos Aqua Beach Club
1856 Posts
Natasha, i have sent you a pm, and have just phoned first choice, they said it is still a 4* and there are no plans to change it. If they did we would receive a letter telling us of the change, they are duty bound to do this. If you are worried, phone the buildings number, or pm me for it, they till might stretch the truth though. kren
hi all i got hubby to phone fc on monday and they have told us that it may be put down to 3 * plus because they have been looking at the quality of other hotels in the area and they are of the same standared .allso when we enquired as to how the building work was doing we were told its not even been started yet :( a bit worrying really as were due to go the day it opens :whoops so lets hope thay start soon

will post when we here more

linda
Just tried to book this property for July 19th 2006 flying from Manchester,
but First Choice told me that the morning flight was full!!! :( :(
Honestly cannot believe this. Can anyone tell me if they have had the same problem.

Citizen
We are booked on this flight, but booked it in May. I looked on the first choice web site yesterday to price the holiday up again and the flight was'nt showing. Plus there were no free child places left, and the holiday had gone up £600. I would say just keep checking as they sometimes hold so many seats back. karen
I saw that it had been down graded on the FC internet.

I am seriously considering cancelling :cry:

Gutted because Tingaki is amazing

Will keep u all posted..

Can anyone recommend any FC properties AI that they have visited before???

Tash xxx
Cheers Karen,

Have been trolling the First Choice website and all the Aqua Beach Clubs
Kos,Corfu and Kefalonia which are stated both in the brochure and on the web as four star have now been downgraded to three star plus, WHY???
Who knows! I am now torn as to which one to go to, will fly from Gatwick on one of the morning flights though, stay overnight at one of the hotels at the airport with 15 days free parking.

Oh just as a sideline First Choice offer a day before check in for £5 per person if flying from Gatwick USE IT it was the best £20 I have ever spent!!!!!

Citizen
I have just checked the website again and still can't see where it says 3* plus, we chose the kos beach club as it seems the nearest to a town/village, so if the food is dire ect its not too far for us to go to eat. Plus we like to explore abit. karen
Hi Karen,

If you go through the on-line booking procedure it comes up just before you have to put your names in the required fields.
Still fancy the one on Kos it seems more child friendly. Think I will book
this weekend to the hell with it!!!!

Citizen
Well just spoke to first choice again, YES it has now been downgraded, we will receive letters, they are going to phone me back today or tomorrow to tell me why. Well they promised to......................so far i am still happy to go, may not be when i find out why its downgraded! karen
Hi Natasha

We have also booked for the 28th of June 2006 to go to the Kos Aqua Beach Club. There are eight of us going so we are really looking forward to it. When I spoke to FC regarding the building completion, they assured me that the hotel would be ready by May. The young lady told me that they had learnt from previous mistakes regarding completion work and stated that the hotel would of not been advertised if they knew it would not be complete.

I noticed when booking on the internet that it had been down graded to a 3*, it shouldn't be a problem - its brand new. We have just returned from Zante in a 4* all inclusive and it was fantastic.

Regards Andrea[/b]
Have spoken to firstchoice again and it has been downgraded because people have been complaining about there other 4 star hotels, they do not want customers to be disappointed, and they say they have learnt from previos mistakes. They are not removing any of the facilities, and it should be as stated in the brochure, except 3*plus now. We are not changing are booking.ajenkins, where did you go in Zante please ? karen
Hi Karen

We went to the Louis Royal Palace in Vassilikos. The hotel was great, very friendly, helpfull staff. Rooms were a bit basic, but we had such a good view of the pool and mainland Greece. Would certainly go back again, if hadn't already booked holiday to Kos prior to going.

Regards Andrea
hi all we have only ever been self catering with the kids to the canarys so never been to greece and never allinclusive how much money do yo think we need to take for two weeks 2 adults 2 young girls

thanks
linda :?:
We have just been to Spain AI and spent £600. But that was going on trips, tobacca to bring home (£200) Depends what you are wanting to do when there. karen
Have booked to go to this property in June 06. If you are travelling with children it seems to be cheaper to book through eclipse.co.uk rather than First Choice. Eclipse are a First Choice company trading under a different name. Saved us £25 - not a great amount but every little helps! If anyone receives a letter explaining why the hotel has been downgraded please let me know as I am yet to hear anything. Thanks.
thanks karen i was looking at taking £700 we dont usually do the trips and we dont smoke just drink :lol: so that should be plenty then

has anyone recived ther letters of fc yet

linda
Nope, have not received ours yet, as its there change you will be allowed to cancel the holiday or change it for no extra cost- unless the holiday you change to is more expensive. karen
hi karen i thought they only let you cancelle or change it
when its a major change to your holiday

linda
When you get your letter stating the change, there should be another bit that you sign to say you accept the change. If you dont want to continue with the holiday you can cancel it and get all monies paid back, or you can change it not pay the £25 per person that it costs to ammend your holiday. You are also due compensation (not alot) if you accept the change. At least thats how it worked last year. Hope that helps........karen
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.