Hi all,
Just back from my hols!
Very mixed weather both in the vendee and Brittany in early July.
First part of the trip was to St julien des landes ( near les Sables D'olonne) and la garangeoire campsite.
This was a castels site and in seven years of french holidays this one rates as my favourite, large grassy pitches, great privacy, everything your child could want in terms of a safe and stimulating play area,it has pony rides,football,volleyball and acres of greenspace.It borders a lake where you can get padaloes and kayaks and fishing space.
The restaurant was very good and a safe supervised pool area.My kids aged 10 and 8 loved it and it's a definite return there next year.
It's a bit away from civilisation but 20 mins drive in either direction takes you to St jean de Monts and les sables d'olonne which are huge seaside resorts.

le Ranolien in perros Guirec was the final stop.Windy and overcast weather made it a bit tricky for entertaining the kids but pools were heated and there's a massive indoor pool.
For bored kids there was a small cinema showing typical kids movies, cars,pirates of caribbean etc...and a library and easy internet access.
This has to be one of the most visually stunning areas in France along the pink granite coast.It's not ideal for cycling as roads are narrow and hilly but the town of ploumanach about 1 km away is full of lovely restaurants and parks.
There's a lot of rocks on site and the granite is quite abrasive if you fall,and some pitches are exposed and windy the top of the site.If you're going with your own caravan or tent I'd choose a pitch lower down the hill with shelter.
This campsite has become more teenager orientated since I first visited six years ago, the waterpark is excellent and has so many facilities to offer.
Sins