France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Hi Hilshols, if you search back through my posts you will find this site well documented by me, it is fantastic. My wife and I go there twice a year. It is neither hectic nor noisy although the bar does get busy most nights in high season.If you wish more info I will give you my phone number and I will try to answer all your questions. The one thing to do is to book direct with the site. The web site is here:
http://www.leranolien.fr/en/index.htm. Let me know if I can help.

John
Hi John, thanks for that, I've had a look back at your posts (you are very busy!) and the campsite sounds great. Do you know when can I book for next year and when would I be able to book the ferry? Thanks again for your help - really useful. Hilshols :)
When we go in August we make a provisional booking for the campsite for the following year, they then contact you in early November to confirm the booking, so I would guess if you phone them in August they would accept a booking. I phone at about 6pm UK time so it is quite cheap, there is always an english speaker on duty when the office is open so no problems there. I am not sure when you would be able to book the ferry but a quick call to them would answer that.

John
Thank you very much, John, that's really helpful. Hilshols. :wave:
Hi there John
When you book direct with the site, would you say that the mobiles are better then if you went with Canvas or one of the main operators? Just wondering. Also, have you used the 7 iles option at all, do you think it's worth it?
Thanks
hh
Hi Guys,
Just back from Le Ranolien,
I spent five nights there at the start of July.This was my second visit and it has changed and developed hugely over six years.
I would recommend booking direct with the campsite.Their accommodation seemed to be more than aqequate and it's still a very well run and managed site.The staff were brilliant and went out of their way to help.
It has a large population of teenagers and they seemed to be well catered for.
I found it to be very busy for early July and although you would be aware of people going home from the bar up until 1 am there was no shouting,yelling or anything to upset a delicate equilibrium!! :D
You very rarely encounter any problems on a camping style holiday as it's set up for families and most residents are focused on entertaining their children.
Brittany weather can be iffy though so take raingear and something to keep you warm at night....
The area around Le ranolien is simply stunning and worth exploring.
Another site which is brilliant for teenagers is Ty Nadan in Northern Brittany.
Good luck with your booking.
Sins
Am heading to Le Ranolien in two weeks - and really looking forward to it after reading all your comments. Will be bringing 4 teenage boys - is there plenty for them to do? I am happy to do very little on holiday - but the same can't be said for them!
BID1, when you arrive, go and see David the entertainments manager. He organises all sorts of events such as five a side football, basketball, tennis, table tennis and even things such as sub aqua introductions. In addition to this he can point you towards things such as cycle hire, fishing equipment hire and all the local amenities.
I am glad to hear Sins say that it was busy as we were there from 6th to 20th June and it was deathly quiet. Everyone was wondering if the recession had bitten. We are going back there on the 29th Aug for two weeks and cant wait.

John
Thanks John, they're very sporty so that sounds good. Can you recommend any local restaurants/markets/sightseeing? Sorry about all the questions! But the recession has meant that we've cut back quite a bit to be able to go on holiday, so want to make sure it's a good one!
Bid1, let me jot down some notes this weekend about places to go and resturaunts etc and I will e-mail it to you by Sunday night at the latest.

John
Hi there

John, sorry, have not been on-line for a while :( , thanks for the pm. Good news is, I've booked Le Ranolien!! Bad news is, not going till 21st August 2009!!

Would you mind sending me the info that you were going to send to Bid1, please?

Have just looked back over this topic and see that you'll be on your way today :sun2 lucky you, hope you have a great time. Tell us about it when you get back?

Sins, thanks for the info.

hh
Hi HH, well its 6 pm local time and we have just come back from the observation point above the campsite where we watched the French version of the Red Arrows, the Patrouille De France give a stunning display. We are just enjoyinga glass of Breton cider before having some local seafood and salads. It is a balmy 26 degrees but a little windy. This is the life.
I will send you that list when we get back and I will update it with any places we find on this trip. Bye for now.

John
Hi John

Sounds like you're having a good time! Weather here is atrocious, :( torrential rain today - hope it's better in Perros.

Would really appreciate any info you can send me. I was wondering - which ferry crossing do you use?

Safe journey home (when the time comes!).

hh :wave:
Been there three times now and would recommend it highly.

The accomodation is basic but clean, and there's plenty for all to do. Book direct and save a few bob.

Last year we did the Eurotunnel and drove but it was way too far, stick with the Ferry going into Cherborg or St Malo. :tup

We won't however be back, I'm afraid we're just had too much poor weather there so now venture further South.
Cheers, Smiler :)

Hoping for an August heatwave!! :D

hh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.