General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Pack it in your case. They are both flammable liquids.
Put the nail polish bottle into a plastic bag and secure the bag ( I have had one broken in the past, luckily the red polish only ruined a pair of knickers ) then pack amongst the clothes, I usually wrap a couple of the hubbys handkies around mine. :oops:

Forget the nail polish remover in liquid/bottle....take the pads instead, these can be bought from places like Superdrug and Boots.
They are cotton wool type gauze squares already soaked in remover, all in a handy little box that is sealed and easy to slip in one of the gaps in the suitcase.
If you have a fridge or mini-bar, keep the polish inside or in the coolest part of the hotel room, usually the bathroom...this will stop it from turning into a thick treacle consistency from the heat.

HTH's

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiii
Also keep your lippy in the fridge too :wink: or it'll squish all over your mouth (past experiences :oops: ) :wink:
At Gatwick the other week, they were converscating nail varnish remover that was in the hand luggage.
They confiscate before security and then you can buy it airside!! When we travelled recently my Mum bought some nail polish remover in duty free and I bought a pair of tweezers - both banned in hand luggage. On the way back we mistakenly left our water in our hand luggage. It was sealed but we still had to put in the bin. We then had to buy more airside. The whole thing is a farce.
Thanks to every one for your very helpful advice :D :tup
With all of the new rules its easy to pack something in the wrong place,(I know its for our own safety)then go through the embarrassment of everything getting taken out of your bags in front of all of the other passengers :oops:
  • Edited by tofog68 2007-04-06 14:40:06
a farce?
A pain maybe but I'm sure it's for our own safety!

After all many bombs are detonated by two liquids combining!
They don't want these liquids took through and don't have time to check them all! They know once airside you are unlikely to be able to buy bomb products! :)
But I think the farce is the prices they charge once you are airside! Suddenly everything goes up a few quid because you have no choice, unless you go without!
As we already have a dedicated topic on this subject - Click here - I'll lock this one to avoid duplication.

MarkJ HT Mod
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.