Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Landing card
22 Posts
Usually had 'em on the plane
We've always got them on the plane. Make sure you are given the right one though. One time we were given one for somewhere completely different. I didn't know whether we were on the wrong plane or the pilot changed his mind to where he wanted to go.
Twice, when flying to Egypt; once to Sharm and once to Taba, the landing cards were forgotten or ran out on the plane. Both times it caused the most horrendous delays after we'd landed with everyone having to fill them out before passport control!
Carrot. Bearing that in mind, can you get them prior to leaving the UK?
Can You Where From
I am fairly certain you cant get them in the UK before departure but don't panic too much. Its only happened twice to me in umpteen flights!
We try to pick some up at the airport (in Egypt) so we have some already for next time.
That's because, you spend more time in Egypt than you do here :lol:
Reckon you can get them, along with the visa stamps and Egyptian pound notes and coins, on Ebay !
what are landing cards?
Hi Where in the uk can you get the landing cards? It would be so much eaiser to fill them in before you go then on the plane.

If you can get them in the uk are they excatly the same as the ones you get give on the plane?

We're not doing any trips when we go in july so when we get to the man at the desk in the airport in egypt do we just say no sini?

Many Thanks
Lovesun and Michelle, I will try to answer your questions but will stand corrected.
When you travel outside the EU it is not unusual to have to fill in a Landing Card. I have filled them out when travelling to Cuba, Morocco as well as Egypt amongst other places.
They are required by immigration and are usually supplied by the stewardess on the outward flight just before landing. Basically you are submitting information about yourself and why you are entering that country and when you will be leaving again. Sometimes you are also given half the card to keep and submit on your return journey at the airport.
For Egypt, particuarly visitors to Sharm if you do not need to travel and remain at the resort. You just enter "Sinai Only" on the back of the card and the immigration officer will only stamp your passport as a visitor and you will not require a visa.
Regarding picking the cards up in the UK. It seems from the posts already on this thread that they are only available on the plane. Although from my previous visist to SES airport. While you are standing in the queue for immigration, reps will hand them out in case you made mistakes on the first one you were given.
Basically right Caveman. Except that immigration keep the entire entry card. This card will state in the top left hand corner something along the lines of "Non-Egyptian entry".

On your homeward journey, the exit card (completely separate from the entry card) is given to you on the coach heading to the airport. If you make your own way to the airport, the cards can be picked up at the check-in desk.
....and the correct name is ...

Disembarkation Cards

the cards that one fills in upon departure are the....

Embarkation Cards

The oldies amongst us, ( i.e. Carrot & Co ) will remember them as they were also required when leaving and entering the British Isles, as many other European countries. But that was in the days when one could only take 25 quid abroad at a time, when the quid could buy over ten Swiss francs, and when the Beatles and the Rolling Stones were just becoming famous.

As the oldies like Carrot will say....

Those were the days !
That was Mary Hopkins... :lol:

When I went to Morges as a teenager I only got 7.5 SFr for a quid.
Thats it, Caveman, you tell him! :rofl

Apart from that, everything he intimated about those of us who are now classed as "the older generation", is sadly, true!
....and the correct name is ...

Disembarkation Cards

Are you sure?

I thought we had one spare:

Click HERE for the front.
There see.... at the top in Arabic... Disembarkation Card

Told you ! :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.