Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
laptops
12 Posts
I never heard of any problems with customs. A couple of friends brought their laptop last year without a problem.

But , wireless, I think we're talking flying elephants now. I doubt it. There was something a while ago where they were using bluetooth and a mobile phone. Have a look back at the threads ,only a few weeks ago.

There is broadband, how fast I'm not sure.I use the local internet cafes on occassions, mainly for important things like the football results.

Regards
we have taken our laptop twice no problem through customs and we intend to take advice off this forum and use a dongle to use the internet via bloutooth from our mobile this year
Hi there is a wifi broadband in Calangute at the food court in the bar and its Free. They even have a small area where you can plug your laptop in.
Dave
Hi Guys, Thanks for replys still thinking about it, phone no prob i use my goan one, regards paul
got 3g usb dongle will this work in goa
hi all a big thankyou to everyone who gave advice re laptop and internet use in goa we are now on line in goa via blutooth from mobile phone to laptop using a dongle 15 rupees unlimited use a day fantastic thanks again anita and john woody :D
A few questions...

Which mobile company are you using?

How is the speed of the connection?

Are there any download limits?

Easy to get / good signal?

Thanks
Sim card has to be Airtel,yearly one,33OO RPS
Connection speed ...... 115.2 KPs Dial up
No download limits,but so so slow you would not want to do to much :wink:
Different areas at different times of day can be faster or slower.
Good for e mails but can be slow if sending pics.
getting on here with the lap top is pretty good,but some forums very slow.
Think for 15 rps a day 24 hrs good value over the 5 months we are here.
Thinking of taking my battered old laptop with me next month and leaving it over there for a friend to use and its there when i come back next year.

Is there any indian red tape :rofl about taking a laptop into Goa and then not leaving with it.

Could it go in my suitcase? or would it have to be hand luggage, could it go in the hold as part of total baggage allowance

If anyone can forsee any other problems can you let me know

GM06
Someone brought one last year for one of the girls in the shack without any problems.
Took mine last year so we could see the pictures and movies we took that day when back at the hotel. Had no problems and they didn't record it entering or exiting the country.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.