General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Pc's/Laptops
9 Posts
Valuable in hold luggage are not covered by insurance and should be carried in hand luggage.

luci :wave
Ok, looks like she will be leaving all this behind!
thanks luci :) :)

courtneelouise x
This may be a daft reply but did you know most laptops have a 'usually hard to find' switch for turning the internet option on? Just wanna make sure thats not the case for the broken internet! :tup
We have tried that, we've tried everything! It used to work untill we never used it for a few months and ever since its just falling apart :duh the only way internet will work is if we plug it into the wireless router which my parents dont have at the moment in Cyprus.
thanks anyway though :)
CourtneeLouise x
Hi

Are you saying that the laptop hasn't got a dial up modem? if so

Why not buy an external modem like these HERE
this way she could take the laptop and plug it into a phone line.
Do these just plug straight in to your laptop and go through a setup ect and connect?..
Sorry for the questions im usless with pcs + laptops!

thanks
CourtneeLouise x
Do you not have a small friendly computer repair place nearby? I am sure they would be able to help.

fwh
Hi CourtneeLouise

I've never used one,but it will probably come with instructions or a disk with drivers on,and when you want to use it you just plug it in.
I don't know if the Cyprus phone connectors are the same as over here, so you will have to check or buy an external modem over there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.