General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Laptops
5 Posts
Used my laptop in Majorca last year. Did not need different power supply, just a plug adapter to convert three pin to two pins used in Europe, the same you'd use for any electrical appliance you might take with you.

Not sure about using DVD on plane although I have used laptops in flight before. Certianly not during takeoff and landing anyhow.
Cheers Sunbear - thanks for such a speedy response. We've just found out that there is free wifi in our apartments so at least we'll save some money when our lads are wanting to check myspace, facebook etc., :tup
If you want to watch a DVD on the plane you'll need to make sure the laptop's wireless is disabled :no
John sl,

It's fine to use the laptop inflight, including the DVD drive apart from at take off / landing and when asked not to do so by a crew member, eg if turbulance is expected. Basically during the cruise! As cyberspacekadette mentions, all wireless / bluetooth adapters need to be disabled. You'll find a detailed description of the regulation on the CAA's website. You'll be find with voltage abroad as most laptop run off 6-12v and the transfomer will sort it out for you.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.