Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
Limone to Venice
10 Posts
I think that would be about right. We went from Garda to Venice last summer and I think it was about 2 hours. Limone is a good bit further round the lake..........but is a beautiful spot.
Personally I wouldn't let the long drive put me off. We had a wonderful day. The coach stopped for a coffee break on the way there. And a big bonus was the gondola: costs about £80 to hire but that's for the gondola itself, so if more people are on it it's much less. There were 6 on our trip (strangers from the coach) and it worked out about £ 15 each. I wouldn't have paid £80 for the 2 of us, but that would have been a huge mistake as the half hour was great fun and gave the best view of Venice ad at that price was a bargain.......do go!
Hope this has been some help :wink:
Thank you so much for that info, there is such a lot to see and Venice is a must, not sure about the Gondola though, I would be worried I would sink it :lol:
PLEASE go for it! Don't fuss about 'sinking it'. Who cares? :twisted: You're on your holiday/ enjoy/ never see these people again anyway!!
It surprised me as I didn't think it was a big deal, but hving done it ,I know I'd kick myself if I had missed the experience............I may only be in Venice once & this is a must-do!!
Pixie

Got to agree with Toastedmallow.Don't worry no way will the gondola sink.

I was terrified when I sat down and clung on to hubby's knees,cos I am not a strong swimmer but everybody laughed,so I had to smile and look hard but it was absolutely brilliant.
The best part is when you come from the side canals onto the Grand Canal and get the full vista before you.Amazing sight.One of those am I really here moments and not to be missed.
I am going to Venice in June and I shall be first in the queue.
Don't worry no way will the gondola sink.

Thanks everyone, but you haven't seen the size of me :lol: :lol: really I'm actually more worried about boarding the gondola as I walk with a crutch and am not very good with my balance, being big and unstable is not a good combination on something that floats :lol: I sort of thought that we might get a water bus instead. I think I am going to find Venice hard to get about, I am looking to see if there is such a thing as mobility scooter hire for a couple of hours which would be a tremendous help to see some of the sights. I do wish I could have afforded to have done this went I was less disabled :(
Oh Pixie So sorry to hear of your problems. The water bus is just as good.Ask Robert , Venice expert on Tripadvisor Venice forum about mobility scooters.There is nothing he does not know about Venice.
Good Luck.
Thanks holidaylover, I'm off to have a look at their forums.
Hope I didn't offend you Pixie and hope you have a very enjoyable trip. :gluck
Hope I didn't offend you Pixie and hope you have a very enjoyable trip.

Not at all, thanks :kiss
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.