Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I think there own local drink is somekind of mint tea :really
I think there own local drink is somekind of mint tea

A good point now that you mention it, if you do get a bit of a dodgy tummy drink some of the local mint tea to help settle it :tup
lol I get bad heartburn so the mint tea will be welcomed :cheers

Thanks for that :tup
Just thought of another question on behalf of the missus.

She likes to check on her Mum, telephone call every other night I think, anyway can you get cheap phone cards like you can in Turkey, I know she used to buy 1 in Turkey and it was cheap, she activated it then was able to use the phone booths to call home :cheers
Mobiles are very expensive, to text around 40p and to chat about £1.30 a minute. If she has wifi, thats the best option because there are a lot of bars that offer it free
Hi BurscoughBilly,

I don't use my phone when in Egypt, but I have just found this post from Trip Advisor which may be of help to you:

Deleted to remove copyright material from another website, please only post direct links

Regards,
Pat
  • Edited by Kiltman HT Mod 2011-08-11 20:59:05
    To remove copyright material
No it's a normal telephone from a kiosk, just wandering if there is any and can you get a phone card. I followed Kiltmans link but I didn't want to know about mobile as I am there for a Holiday don't want disturbing lol :rofl
I've got another question lol. From what I can see if you go all inclusive and like me I like a proper pint glass for the beer at the Hotel, do you think it would be ok for me to take a pint glass to use, I don't fancy going to bar every 2 minutes to fill a thimble up :)
I'm thinking of taking a tankard with me :cheers
Take an insulated cup / mug, I take a Bubba Keg and remember a small tip goes a long way ;)
It can be used for a coffee / tea first thing in the morning a beer during the day and for a coffee or tea on the balcony at night, brilliant :cheers
Thank you very much Kiltman, that's fantastic :tup
Hi Billy,

Yep, that's what we do also ..... take the bugga Keg.

Pat
lol Pat I put bugga keg into google and got some strange results :rofl

Kiltman you know you say make sure the barman gets a good tip so he will fit, what is a good tip please.....daily or weekly ?

BB
LOL Billy .... if you put in Bubba Keg instead of Bugga Keg you might get some results!!!! We bought ours on EBay.

Don't mean to butt in but regarding tips ...... everybody has their own ideas on how much to tip. Personally, I only tip if I receive a good service and feel it is warranted. If I receive good service from a bar man, I will tip him 10 EGP a day, A La Carte restaurants perhaps 20EGP a visit. It may not seems a lot, but when you take into consideration the very low wages they receive, and the amount of tips they do receive from guests ... it soon mounts up. I always tip the room cleaners ... normally about £5 sterling a week. As for tipping in the main stream buffets .... I don't bother, as I have found that we have never been served by the same person twice, and you simply couldn't go around everybody ...... just my opinion.

Regards,
Pat
Pat you need to check you're previous post, unless my eyes have gone worse you said bugga keg :rofl

I was just having a laugh at that :rofl

Just wanted to know about the barman really if I whip out my 52oz keg onto the bar and say fill that young man :rofl

I've made notes about tipping....pool man...bar man etc...all in hand.

Thanks again for the info, think I'll stop midering you all here now :tup

BB
LOL Billy .... apologies, and that's with my glasses on!!!

We've never had a problem in getting them filled before, and I have seen quite a few people using them in the past, and they do keep your drinks cold, which is nice in the heat.

Regards,
Pat
No need to apologise it made me laugh :rofl

Well knowing my luck they will say they are banned at their Hotel :cry :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.