EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
The nearest you get to this in Spain is the IBI/Urbana which is like the old style rates in the UK.

As a non resident property owner you also have to pay a notional income tax and wealth tax based upon the rateable value of the property. If you are renting you should also pay tax on the income from the rental on a monthly basis

If your property is on an urbanisation you will also have to pay community fees for the upkeep of the communal areas.

As the owner of the property you would be responsible for all of these payments which should be included in the rental.

On a long term rental you would normally only pass on electricity, water and telephone charges to the tenant.
Thanks very much. Most helpful.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.