General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Long haul
39 Posts
Too many to mention! There are many places that I'd love to go back to within 12 hours for different reasons;

Kenya - for the wildlife
Mauritius - for the diving
St Lucia - for the tropicalness
Cuba - for the culture
Mexico - for the history
Antigua - for the laid back atmosphere
Finland - scenery and santa!
Plus others!

Darren
Thailand - for its variety, beaches, culture, religion, great food, shopping, friendly locals, quality accomodation.
Las Vegas without a doubt, so much to do away from the madness
Best = Tokyo or Mississippi
Least Fav = LA
Absolutely mexico !!, cuba a firm second, thinking of the bahamas for 2012, but am tempted to go back to mexico to be honest, great place, loads of history, the people are lovely, the food is amazing, yep, its me fave !! :tup
Only been to Dominican republic (twice) and Mexico and although we loved both, the Dominican republic just takes the edge. I think unless you are about and about a lot of the time, you tend to base your opinion on the hotel and facilities. For example, we've stayed in the North and East of the Dom Rep and although the beaches in the East were nicer the hotel we had in the North was fab, so that was my favourite place.

We also had a great hotel in Mexico but apart from doing the odd trip we didn't actually see much of the country so my opinion is based on which holiday experience I preferred.

I've two more on my list to visit- cuba and Jamaica. I may even decide to go to one of them next summer :tup
I would definitely try Cuba before it changes too much. We loved it there, and when Castro goes who knows what will happen. One to try sooner rather than later! Did also love Mexico and Dom rep aswell, and would love to go back to different parts of all 3!
It's a bit more than 12 hours but Borneo was my favourite , a real mystical place and we went into the jungle to see the orang utans as well which was an incredible experience. I would really like to spend at least a year touring around Malaysia & Borneo , perhaps when i retire or if i win the lottery !
I can only base this on the 2 long haul destinations I have been so Thailand or the USA..

I am hoping that this years little jaunt to New Zealand/Hong Kong and Los Angeles tops all of that!
Goa, Thailand and Cambodia :D
Really depends where I went on my last long haul trip as it tends to become my favourite destination of the moment.
Flying to New Zealand takes twice the amount of time so if I could have two 12hr flights then NZ would be my destination of choice.

I guess it leaves India, Laos or the south western states of the USA, though there have been very few places that I have not wanted to return to over the last 45+years of travelling, all have different things to offer, so it really depends what you want from a holiday.
Goa and Thailand without a doubt :cheers
Only Long Haul i've been is Nigeria its a 6 hour flight if you fly direct but toke us long cause we changed flights in Amsterdam and had 2 hour wait there

we normal go to Europe but there a many long haul i'd love to go... and will go one day x
Have added Cuba to the list...booked to go..can't wait.
:duh :whoops how did I forget Australia and America?!
No within a 12 hour flight surely Betty Boop. I fancy something a bit different next year, but can't quite decide what I want :que As usual I'll be pinned to school summer holidays, so prices will be sky high again!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.