Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Weather will be hot and not too humid, the game will be on somewhere and Rangers will win...... FACT .... :tup
Hello, we always go in Jan/Feb, which i think is 'peak' time isnt it. You shouldnt have a problem watching the game.

We're going 26th Jan, staying somewhere North, but not booked yet :duh
Aye got to agree with feelthevibe , the Gers will win and the weather will be Hot ;)
Forgot to mention, i agree with the other two posters, the weather will be hot hot hot :cheers . Not that humid, and in my opinion you wont need a/c, although i dont think you would grumble if you got a hotel with a/c :)
Yes boys they will have to win they are 4 points behind Celtic ...come on the hoops :rofl
I had this same conversation with Gemma33 last november and look what happened with the hoops then :rofl colleen
No problem watching the footie, we watched all the Liverpool matches in Jan mostly at the Oceanic Shack on Baga beach, wonderfull big screen and a mouthwatering Vindaloo :tup
We arrive on 25th Jan ( burns night ) is there anywhere celebrating that is Celtic orientated?
hi
the weather is great in february'and watching the match will be no problem ,just remember the time difference :sun2 ,i shall be there on the 21st and watching celtic and liverpool :yipee
Scottish games are all on Setanta tho and not a lot of places in Goa have Setanta but hopefully they will pick up that particular game.
Its being played on Valentines Day as well, unless its changed til the Sunday.
Irishcolleen Celtic need to come to Ibrox before that - on Saturday 27 December. Is it spaghetti or hula hoops youre referring to :tongue :rofl
Hi Gemma,
The game has indeed been moved to the Sunday which is great considering we only arrive on Saturday. 1230 UK kick off which is a nice 5pm Goa time. Lovely time to watch the Gers getting spanked. :wave:
Lovely time to watch the Gers getting spanked.

Just like August at Parkhead then Gerry ;) I was in Egypt for that one, all those poor Celtic fans holidays ruined, very, very sad :rofl
So if its moved to the Sunday, means I need to take a day off on the Monday for all my celebration drinks :cheers Hopefully you will get to see the game in Goa, but as I say not a lot places show any Setanta Sports games at all, its all Sky. Will try and make some enquiries for you, hope to be flying out next Thursday.
Maybe star sports will show it or one of other channels you get on Indian cable ? If you go in Eclipse bar in Baga (near Rabbie Burns pub Gemma) the lads in there are pretty clued up as to where you might find it.
The game wont be on Star sports as that is basically Sky I think. You will get it on Goal TV and some bars have that I think,usually shown on the Ten Sports and Zee Sports channel. Pity this place isn't open anymore

http://i36.tinypic.com/es5dg3.jpg

http://i37.tinypic.com/r6zngn.jpg

And of course Celtic will win, although the game against Rangers doesn't really count as a big game for us these days :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.