General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
The major pampering session in the days leading up to my holiday, (hair colour and cut, nails waxing etc)
Staying over the night before in an airport hotel
Going out for a nice meal in the hotel or somewhere close by.
Checking in at the airport, and finally feeling like I can relax for two weeks.
Frankie and bennies breakfast at the airport
Watching the planes take of and land,
Boarding the plane and take off, finally reaching our hotel, stepping out onto my balcony and taking in the sights, sounds and new smells.

If think I have summed it up :)

Oh only 15 weeks to go not that I'm counting :tup
Warm evenings are my big thing on holiday, not heat lovers but enjoy sitting in the shade looking at the sun with a cold beer is good but sitting outside in late evenings with another cold beer will make my holiday. :tup
Oh yes :)
The mother and I are booked in for shellac and acrylic nails, eyebrow waxing and a deep conditioning hair treatment at the salon the day before we go :) I do love a pre holiday pamper.

And oh boy do I love those evenings, although I like a warm nightcap, normally baileys and hot choc or a coffee and hazelnut liquor :cheers

The countdown is on! Come on time go quickly
When I get there ;)
Although the travel is exciting too ;)
The first full evening - being able to go out in a short sleeve shirt and (maybe) shorts; sitting on the terrace at 10pm (mossies allowing!) enjoying a glass of malt and a coffee -Heaven!!! :)
That first mojito in Artex on the first evening in Santiago de Cuba!

SM
To slightly digress, we had a bit of character retire from our firm a few years ago, to fly off into the Spanish sunset. A colleague met him some time later while on holiday there and asked him what he missed most about his old job, to which he replied in a flash: "My day off!"
ooooo I like this....
the smell of warmth when the plane doors open
not having to get up to an alarm clock
no cooking & cleaning for 2 weeks
not having to answer to my boss for 2 weeks
do I need to go on....look forward to them all ...roll on Cuba August 2013
Great to see so many other Cuba fans :) we go to Cayo Santa Maria for the 5th time in August :)
'Sir' not bringing the phone to me when I am in the loo and saying ' Don't know who it is!'!!!!!
Eating out on holiday. I love going for meals, steak dianne, beef stroganoff, even brekkie on a morning, sitting over looking the sea people watching. But when I'm people watching I always think 'oo why does she look so lovely and casual and I look like a sack tied in the middle' :rofl
getting to the hotel, and unwinding.. :looking out and people watching..
getting there..and exploring a new place both above water and underwater.

Of to Cuba for the first time in 16 days..can't wait.
Having time off work and the daily grind of getting up at 04.30 is by far the best thing for me

So it doesnt really matter where we go as long as we can unwind and chill out
I like everything :) The take away the night before, or if we are travelling from an airport further away where we are staying overnight, then ,- a nice

meal somewhere close by.

The journey itself,- i actually quite like flying, having a read, then a doze, then a coffee drink etc. i love

stepping off the plane, and feeling the heat on my bones. Remember this very well when we went to Egypt.

I love the different smells and food, and love being able to wear lighter clothes.

I dont like coming home though, but cheer myself up by planning the next holiday.
:cheers
More points,
*time of work
*been anonymous and away from home everyone
*photo opportunities
*fun times
*escapism.
Mornings before the Hotel/resort wakes up. I'm naturally an early riser and love the early mornings abroad.

Last year in Lanzarote our little 22 month old lad decided he too would join dads early morning club so most mornings we would be out along the promenade before the sun came up. It was a great start to the day watching the local fishermen return with the days catch.

Watching the locals deliver stock to the bars and restaurants and knowing I have a whole day of doing pretty much nothing , its great.
MilleMiglia wrote:

Last year in Lanzarote our little 22 month old lad decided he too would join dads early morning club so most mornings we would be out along the promenade before the sun came up. It was a great start to the day watching the local fishermen return with the days catch.

Aww that's a lovely memory for you both :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.