General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Not the way to do it....I started with flu like symptoms last Sunday, I went to bed at 8.30pm and never got up or had anything to eat until Wednesday night, not eaten much until today when I managed a small dinner. I'm now half a stone lighter...I'd gained 3 pounds after my recent all inclusive holiday.

I'm restricted now with what I can eat and Tbh there's not much I can cut out, that I can afford to cut out.
Unless I'm on holiday I've had the same diet without any deviation every day for the last 18 months. Porridge for breakfast with skimmed milk. Lunchtime 2 Ryvita biscuits with cottage cheese followed with a banana and sometimes a blue riband bar when the sweet chocolate craving comes on.
Evening meal around 6pm is normally a little salad (well, just a bit of lettuce and tomato because cucumber, onion, peppers or anything like that is a trigger flare-up) with either hot or cold meat, usually beef, turkey or chicken, because I can't eat pork or lamb anymore....and a little crusty roll.

I don't eat a lot of bread, but usually if I totally cut bread out and have nothing to eat at all after my evening meal, I can lose a few pounds....oh and try and move around more.

Sanji x
I had noticed today that you hadn't been around for a few days.
Whenever I don't eat for a few days if ill, the weight goes back on very quickly afterwards.
Hope you feel better soon.
Thanks Fiona.
I look at my diet and I think for anyone wanting to lose weight, it would be a good basic diet to follow.
Obviously you wouldn't have to be as restricted as I am, and porridge is a good start made with skimmed milk, and you could have a super varied salad with onion, peppers, cucumber etc, or vegetables with the chicken/turkey and beef....and more fruit.

I've found that bread really bloats my tummy up, and eating anything after my evening meal seems to undo the good you've done during the day.
I'm hoping I don't put it all back on before my July holiday, I've got the incentive to try and keep it off, but like I said earlier, there's really not a lot more I can cut out and maintaining a steady weight is now more important.

Thing is, all those years of yo-yo dieting when I was younger was always a waste of time, and if I was eating then what I'm having to eat today, I would have lost the weight and kept it off.

Sanji x
  • Edited by Sanji 2017-05-21 22:59:59
You've been through a hell of a lot Sanji over the past few years & it's a credit to you that you've never let it get the better of you. You've continued with your much loved holidays, & had to cope with gorgeous food put in front of you 😵 Hopefully resisting temptation...

If it's any consolation, you've a lovely figure 👙 & great style. 👍
Aww bless you Glynis. :love
It's become a way of life now at home and if it keeps me off autoimmune suppressant drugs, then it has to be this way, but I'd be lying if I said it was easy, it isn't and it does sometimes get me down.
I miss going out to my favourite Indian restaurant for a meal with Dave. I'd sell my soul for a tikka masala or a good curry. 😁

It's even harder on holiday resisting all those lovely sweets on display and I have to settle for a bit of ice-cream. I naturally have a sweet tooth....It's also very easy to overload your stomach on holiday because it's there in front of me.

I went to the hospital last week where I'm convinced I picked up this bug to give me a really bad chest infection this week. The Consultant was running late and I waited an hour over my appointment time.
He wants me to have another MRI scan.....appointment came through yesterday for next month. booooooo.
Anyway, sorry I didn't mean to go down this path of conversation, but ( for me) going on a weight reducing diet would be a doddle these days

Sanji x
  • Edited by Sanji 2017-05-22 01:32:53
I'm glad they are still keeping an eye on you Sanji. 👍

Good luck with appointment & I hope you feel much better soon :kiss
Hi Sanji glad you are getting on top of things, you are a strong lady you know.

Back to the original post - since October last year I have lost 4 stone, mainly cutting down on carbs and healthier eating, My first goal was to lose 3 stone by first holiday in March and I had lost 3 st 3 pounds and my next goal was 4st 7lbs by next one which is July so another half stone today, I have given myself a year to get where I am comfortble with.
that's amazing Miss Pink! Well done!
Thanks Fiona appreciate that
Wow Miss Pink! Incredible! Well done 👏👏👏👏👏

New clothes as well 😁
Well Glynis,

I have more to come off, but had to buy some new bits in between - like Underwear:-D, and I have also bought a fab red swimmie for holiday, and if i say so myself looks quite nice too
Wow, well done Pinky.... Give yerself a pat on the back from me. :clap
Sanji x
Thanks Sanji appreciate it
I usually always try to drop a few lbs before hols ... i used to be 4st heavier than i am now, so it's a constant battle keeping an eye on it ... if only i'd stop eating pringles and chocolate i could spend less time in the gym / swimming!! :D
Good luck with you diets, i know it aint easy!!
I do like chocolate, but can manage without it. My downfall is lager. I can't drink wine or spirits so am stuck with lager.

Well done Cidermonster on you 4 stone loss, that's incredible 👏👏👏
Keeping it off is always a fight though :D
I suppose 2 stone in 5 weeks is a bit ambitious?!
Some people can't eat when they are stressed out. I am the opposite!
Fiona 2 stone in five weeks would not be good:( aim for 2 or 3 pound per week, that' s my suggestion
:-DI know. I won't get much more than 2 or 3 lbs a week no matter what I do.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.