Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Jim, not sure your 14 year old would enjoy Ledra beach, see my review

HERE http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/cyprus/paphos/ledra-beach-iberostar-hotel/(Iberostar)/

ATB,J.
As you have a forteen year old I would go for the Phaethon, much more for her to do, many more her age so mixing would be much easier and the range of entertainment for both yourselves and your daughter are terrific.

Also the sheer variety and quality of the food at the Phaethon is far better than the Ledra. Hope this helps.
Have stayed at the Phaetheon with my 7yr old niece and like Chris would recommend it especially for families :)
Kath HT Admin
Im 19 and go to the phaethon every year and i love it, i always find plenty to do its such a great hotel.
Hi,
We've stayed at both of these hotels. For us we prefer the Ledra, but that's because we don't have children and not many of them go to the Ledra!
For food/drinks the quality and variety are virtually identical. But we like the Ledra because there are less than half of the amount of guest rooms than the Phaethon and about the same amount of space. I feel this hotel is much more geared towards adults.
I would suggest that the Phaethon would suit you more, there's always loads of activities happening and plenty of other teanagers. Also in the evening the downstairs area turns into a disco.

Lisa
I have booked to stay at the phaethon next year - can anyone tell me if there is a fridge in the rooms?
Thanks
I have stayed at both these hotels and I think they were both brilliant, lots to do for all ages during the day and in the evenings.

We got a mini bar/fridge included with the Ledra beach but at the Phaethon you had to pay extra.
:D Hi stopped at the Pheathon in october last year,brillant Hotel will lots to do,it is geared towards familys rather than the Ledra as when we went to look around there was not many kids there and not much to do.
We will be going back to the Pheathon again as there was so much to do at this Hotel and was worth the All inclusive price tag my kids loved it.
As for fridges in your room no,but you can hire them at an extra cost.The rooms to feel small but hey who wants to spend all there time in there room.
The food was always hot and plenty of choice defoe long trousers for dinner as they do tell you to change.
Bus outside Hotel every ten mins to take you into Paphos.
Have a great time we cant wait to go back.need to start saving.
Tracey. :D
Hi,
Any one else going to the above hotel, we are going on the 19th may.
any info would go down good.

carol
Hi we are also going on May 19th to the Louis phaethon, me hubby 6yr old son, 3 year old daughter & my in-laws. Who are you going with? we are flying with thomson from luton
Hi,
We to are going on the 19th may from Luton, see you on the flight if not the bus out.
I will be hubby and 14 year old son.
We will have to try and find each other, do you live local to Luton, we are a village just outside.

take care
carol
For anyone interested in the Ledra beach in the near future; I noticed that Mercury Travel were doing some good offers in last weekend's press.

Also, I would look on Findmeaccom.com if you are thinking of booking your hotel & flight separately. XL.com are good for flights by the way - especially if you have a promotion code (look them up on the DIY forum)
No not local coming from suffolk and staying in the luton travelodge overnight
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.