General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
:really I don't think I'll come on this thread anymore... ;)
"The engines are running at above 100% thrust and every rivet is stretched to get the thing off the gound against gravity."

Very few take offs are done with full power; there is plenty of power in hand on a normal take off as the aircraft has to be able to climb away should an engine fail.
I'm not sure highlighting what could go wrong is going to give anyone confidence! That said, I always thought they were most vulnerable when taxi-ing because they aren't that maneouvrable on the ground and can't take sudden avoiding action.

If it's any help to those who get worried about what all the sudden noises are and a fear of flying course is too expensive or not convenient, try MicroSoft Flight Simulator. Then you should be able to recognise the undercarriage or flaps moving without thinking the wing just snapped. Not so useful if the fear is claustrophobia.

And going back to boredom during the flight, if you've got the relevant navigational files you can check the likely routes before you go and try to spot the turns during the real flight. Call me sad but at least it's something you can do to pass the time that doesn't need space.
Like other people don't mind the flight but just hate the airport experience, when are they going to treat us like customers and not a herd of cattle. Without us they wouldn't have a job so a bit of respect would be nice. If I could travel any other way I would - bring on the tardis!!

Katy
last timegoing though check out they asked were we were staying
and said hope you have a good holiday :) liz
Hi everyone. I to am scared of flying hate take off! Am a wreck before boarding :yikes i love my holidays and will not ever give them up no matter what. The doctor always gives me a few pills to help me, and a few glugs of brandy do the trick. Like everyone else its got worse as ive got older and have been flying since i was seven am now 35! Aiports and check in dont bother me just the hanging around is boring. Happy flying :)
charlei35 we have a long thread on fear of flying with lots of usefull info get a cup of tea or a glass of something stronger and hve a read through this thread

wizard
I don't mind flying at all,don't like or dislike it i just do it lol
It makes me a little nervous when I may have a flight coming up, but not scared though. :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.