Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I think the low price guarantee has a time constrant to it, it is normally 24 to 48hrs. It would be unusual for it to be any longer than this.
The problem you have is that you paid a low deposit and that the rest of the deposit becomes payable at a later date. I am sure it must say somewhere in the T&C's that you would be expected to lose your deposit or 25% of the cost of the holiday whichever is higher.
Could you get in touch with the hotel directly and ask the price of an upgrade to the rooms you wanted?
Hi denny- thanks for reply.

I was just going to cancel- and book it again through travel republic.- as I wasnt fussed about a measly tenner deposit- (Or the £30 saving)- I just wanted the 1 bedroomed apartment rather than the studio. - plus travel republic are offering bed and breakfast option too- at a great price- so we wanted the 1 bed apart/with b/b.

I spoke to the guy who runs the apartments, this year and he told me they are only bookable through travel republic/lowcostbeds. I asked if I could book an apartment (There and then) for next year- he was lovely and said to book through tour operator (and if I had trouble booking one- then to contact him). So I booked as soon as I got home (Within 2 days!)- as travel republic wasnt showing availability, and low cost beds were- we booked there and then (wrongly) thinking travel republic- had sold their allocated rooms!

Oh well never mind- just hoping lowcostbeds get back and offer me a 1 bed apart ! - you never know :)

Belly
If you've got the accommodation contact details why not do as Denny suggested and ask them directly if you can upgrade?
Rightly or wrongly 25% is lowcost beds standard cancellation charge up to 21 days before arrival date.
Credit where credit due-

I would just like to say thankyou to clare who (On behalf of lowcostbeds) who dealt with my email regarding this.

She offered to match the price to that of travel republic. (or)

Refund me my deposit, and no cancellations charges.-Which in all fairness she didnt have to.

She also said it could be possible at a later date- that 1 bedroomed apartments will be available to book. (A matter of waiting to see) .

I was so impressed at their customer care, which is quite rare these days-( it gives you confidence in a company!), that I have decided to take her kind offer of price matching!- and stick with my original booking!

Belly
Great result Belly, kinda restores your faith in these companies :tup
Thanks!

It certainly does restore your faith- there are too many companies out there- who don't want to know- once they have your money. This is why I didn't cancel my booking- companies like this -who help their customers- deserve our business!

belly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.