Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Which hotel?
18 Posts
Hi Cathy .... are you looking for a low rise complex, such as the Terralta Apartments, or would you consider a high rise complex with lifts ?

As for bars, nightlife, etc., please check out THIS topic.

David :wave
Hi david,

Thanks for getting back to me, i've looked at the terralta apartment and that is just what im looking for!

Im a bit worried about going to Benidorm as people say if's full of groups just getting wasted, but reading the reviews on here, the place sounds great.

I've been many place's but i have found them bit boring!

I dont want mad, but fun!

Im 26 but not into clubbing ect due to having a 5 year old to get up with in the morning :shock:
so i need an apartment where theres not too many club around it.

any more recommendations? highly appreciated!

Cathy xx
Hi Cathy, it's not clear if you are wanting to book independently or through an agent but http://www.wintersunshineholidays are a good company for the former. They give you a detailed description of the accomodation on offer.If you want a package holiday, the Benimar apartments sound like your cup of tea. They are in a quiet position although there is a little traffic noise. There are only 27 apartments and a very nice little snack bar below. You can find them in the J.M.C brochure, they are exclusive to them. We have stayed there twice, they even have microwave, proper cooker, toaster, washing machine, ironing board, I could go on.
I'm hopeless with street names perhaps other members could help me out on this one. They are on the same road as the Hotel Royal, The Hotel Victoria, The back of the Poiseidon (not sure which one). They are in a good position for the old and the new town. Kind of twixt in the middle.
There is something for everyone in Benidorm, whatever your tastes. I'm sure you'll have a good time.

Sue :) :)
Im a bit worried about going to Benidorm as people say if's full of groups just getting wasted, but reading the reviews on here, the place sounds great.

Thats what the media and gutter press would have you believe, but its not as bad as you have read, or heard about. You will have a fantastic time, I'll be surprised if you don't. Let us know how you got on on your return.

Hope you have a brilliant fun packed holiday. :fly :wave
Cathy ... if you are looking for low-rise apartment complexes, there are very few of them in Benidorm and the Terralta is probably one of the best which you will find through UK tour operators, or you could of course book directly with them. It is not in the central part of the resort in the hub of all the nightlife. It is on an incline in what is primarily a residential part of town.

To visit their own website for more info and photos, please click HERE.

There is also a fairly new low-rise hotel (again unusual in Benidorm) called the Mediterraneo, you will find reviews for it too via the link in the top left hand corner of the page. It was exclusive to First Choice for 2005, not sure if it is the same for 2006.

There are numerous other self catering complexes up to around 10 floors in height, but often these tend to be in residential buildings and may not have much in the way of facilities for kids.

So if you are looking for a low rise tourist complex with facilities and entertainment for kids, then the best I can think of at the moment would be the Terralta Apartments or the Hotel Mediterraneo.

Thank you everyone for all your great advice!!!

David do you happen to know which travel agents i can book with to stay at the terralts apartments??
Hi Cathy ... as far as tour operators are concerned, the Terralta Apartments seem to be featured mainly (perhaps exclusively) by those in the MyTravel group and should be bookable through most travel agents.

The exception to that would be Direct Holidays, which is MyTravel's direct sell tour operation. As the name suggests, you would book with Direct Holidays rather than through a travel agent.

Hi Cathy, we have been to Benidorm in 1995 and 2000, we are returning this year late June in the Hotel Orange. You will have a fantastic time with your 5 year old as the place literally does cater for all.
The beach is lovely and the entertainment is diverse, you will have no problems at all. Have a wonderful time. :D
we're taking my neice and nephew to the Terralta apartments in June this year. I've stayed there twice before, so I booked independantly with the apartments as I got a repeat client discount, then booked my flights seperately. All in all we only payed £750 for 3 adult and 2 kids for a week in a two bed apartment. Terralta are great apartment and very family friendly, and not too far from everything else, but far enough away to be quiet at night.
Can anyone recommend any good low rise accommodation in Benidorm - either apartments or hotel. Looking for something not too far from the beach. Thanks. :D
Try the Cala Marina appartments at the Poneinte only 15 in the block but no lifts, three fours, 300 mts from the beach. book with WSH
Thanks David will check them out.
I think there are also some called The Terralta, only four storeys I think. I think they are in the airtours and skytours brochure. :?
Was also going to suggest Terralta Apartments. They have excellent reviews, are 4* and can be booked through Airtours, Direct Holidays or direct with the Terralta. We've booked them for August - can't come quick enough!! :D

Elaine :fly
The Avenida Hotel is low rise very near the beach and in the Old Town. The rooftop pool is on the small side but it`s a good for sunbathing. We stayed at the Avenida apartments which are just across the street but we don`t recommend them because of internal noise, we did use the hotel facilities however. Have a look at the reviews for the hotel on this site, for location it`s hard to beat unless your want to be nearer to the nightlife of the new town. Bookable from Mytravel companies or on many of the accommodation sites online including directly. Another in that area would be the Don Cesar apartments . Right on the beach and you can get a seaview room. We have not stayed here but friends have and recommended the rooms at the front, but we don`t know of any packages to these apartments. They do have a website. Incidently I don`t think they have a pool.
hi.
looking to book somewhere to stay for a week in june, but don't like heights and have a baby so being many floors up will make me a nervous wreck!! Does anyone know of anywhere reasonably priced that aren't high rise? All I can find are huge buildings.
Thanks in advance.
:tup
If you are looking at Benidorm, then Terralta apartments are not high rise and are very good quality. Slight downside is that they are not right in the centre of things and are up a hill...quality makes up for it in my opinion though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.