Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
I would be furious if i had already paid for holiday then they turn round and say coz the euro is stonger we want more of your hard earned cash!!. Hope this didnt spoil your time on this lovely island. Roll on sept two weeks in son bou !!!
dave
  • Edited by David 2008-07-26 20:46:57
    This post has been edited to remove speculation found on another website.
Hi there sorry you had some bad times unfortunatly the government are trying to get the tourist areas and items such as sunbeds down but it is a big debate here as some will some won't and they are not agreeable if everyone does not do it!!!

Regarding the price of food trust me you have been ripped off, can I ask did you go to the on site shops at your apartments when you shopped as you will always pay over the odds.

I live in Menorca and we do not get the same wages as in England so food has to be resonable for us to eat and I buy fresh every day and can spend anywhere between 4 euros to 20 if I need cleaning stuff ect for the house and this includes fresh meat!!!

Eating out does not have to cost the earth for example if you go to one of the restaurants in Fornells you can get a 4 course meal for only 7.50 per person which is very popular indeed. The only thing is you have to ask for it in most places and trust me that is what us locals do!!

Tink x
So sorry you found things so expensive. Arrived home yesterday from 2 weeks in Cala'n Bosch and was pleasantly surprised that prices in shops and restaurants had got noticeably gone up since last year. Just worked out we spent just £100 more than last year (including 20e at chemist for mozzy bites!). We were careful to buy at cheaper supermarkets (big one in Cuitadella especially) and ate in for breakfast and lunch but did not skimp on evening spending on meals, ice creams, drinks, games and rides etc. Already looking at next year.
Hi

How much can I expect to pay in C&B for lets say a pint of international lager or Magners and spirit and mixer and a soft drink?

Also any recomendations on restuarants to eat would be much appreciated

Thanks

3 wks today until take off

:tongue :tongue
:tongue
Can someone let me know the name and location of the large supermarket in Ciutadella? Thanks.
we were in menorca june til july 8th and we found that things did seem more expensive too. talking to some ex pats they said that when they visited majorca they found it to be cheaper tham menorca.
just got back from cuidadella i can confirm its more expensive than last year :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.