Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I believe that until such time a confirmation invoice has been received, any price quoted is just that - a quotation. When the confirmation invoice has been printed the price is set in stone (unless the T's and C's say different but that may be unfair by law too).

Mark :)
we booked a holiday last week and on the day we booked it it was quite a bit cheaper than a few days before and as soon as i came home from booking it it had gone up by £500,just hope we dont get a phone call as well.But surely if its in writing and you have paid a deposit thats a legal contract?
we booked a holiday with Olympic two years ago. we actually priced it up whilst on the way to the airport for our summer holiday. we too asked our travel agent to book it and the price was about £150 pp higher. we queried that with Olympic who said that the oprice in the brochure was a "minimum" price and that prices changed hourly, which brings to mind the thought why bother printing a brochure. Luckily for us the travel agent stood most of the extra cost and did away with their profit.
Olympic are a law unto themselves.
Tp balance things up I should have said we have booked with them direct and by internet since and got excellent prices and service.
I used to work for a UK tour operator before I came to live in Cyprus in 2004.

If a customer booked on the internet or via a travel agent, once the invoice was automatically produced on the reservation system (at the end of each business day), we weren't allowed to increase the cost. Once it was issued on the system, the cost couldn't be increased, whether the customer had received it by mail or not.

If however, there was an error and it was picked up before the invoice was issued on the system, then we could inform the customer or agent to advise them.

It sounds a bit "odd" to me, so I would suggest contacting them again to check what their policy is.

CwB
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.