General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Luggage Scales
156 Posts
although i have a diffrent make i have been carrying a spring ballance for several years, they are not 100% acurate but close enough to have saved me a fair few bob over the last few years
I've just bought some luggage scales from Lakeland Limited. They seem OK. Took them with me to New York and they certainly save all that panicing about being overweight!! The scales themself weight 250g, so not heavy to take with you.
The company Design-Go does a set of scales which include a tape measure for measuring your hand luggage. The big shop airside at Dublin sells them.
And if you can't quite make it to Dublin Airport :rofl .......................http://www.design-go.com/en/detail_39011.html
:whoops forgot to say that I would expect other airports to sell them as well.
Thanks everyone, still haven't bought any yet, gonna wait a couple of weeks. Have got some Amazon vouchers so gonna have a look see what they've got on there.
Im just bidding on the very same things on ebay,you can pick them up buy it now for £2.99 and £1.99 postage
I don't know if this has been discussed before but we have just bought some digital luggage scales from

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/

Bought them from the shop after they were recommended to us and they are brilliant. We had problems on holiday second guessing our luggage weight so decided to buy them. Just put the hook into the handle and straight away it locks in and a digital read out is there. No bother with the case wobbling about etc.
A good buy.
Be careful if you buy the type with a hook on to hold the cases as these may be confiscated at security.The will be classed as a sharp object.
you can buy a spring ballance [i have been carrying one for years, from any old fasion hardware shop

you can buy analog scales from any fishing tackle shop but make sure they weigh up to 32 kg [the current max bag weight]

wizard
Sue,

If you check the top 2 posts there's a link to Lakeland and if you read the recent previous post (linked) there's other options of where to buy something similar
See Lakeland selling them for £19.99 someone I know told me she bought BA ones on a flight for £6.99. Lakeland seem to be battery operated so may be very reliable. Any thoughts.

Sue
You can buy the scales Wizard mentions for as little as £7.99......link is in other topic
I got a spring scale wotsit off Ebay £7.00 inclusive of delivery which I thought was quite good. Going to put them in a specific case and have key handy in case of any hassle at check-in coming home.

Hand luggage would have been preferred place to put them - do you really think they could be confiscated at security?
what i do is pack weigh and if necessary re-shuffle, check the weight again then tuck them in the lightest case just behind the handle so i know where to find them if needed, and no don't put them in hand baggage or you will have them taken off you because if the hook on them
Any idea what the Argos catalogue number is as I can't find it online?

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.