Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Have been to several Magic hotels
but never booked in before 12 I think 2pm is the
general time however I.ve stopped till midnight &
they r quite happy for you to use the all/inc facillitys
I'll check for you at Easter & let you know
Does anyone have anything good to say about the magic monika. We are a family of 10 going all inclusive in august and we are getting very worried by recent reviews. i would appreciate any information. Thankyou. allie
Hi Allie, stayed at the Monika last june (2 adults + 7 &9 yr old boys) we all loved this place and would go back but fancied a change this year from benidorm. I'm sure your kids will enjoy the activities during the day,the pool is brilliant, as is the food. The free amigo bus is also a definite plus, free food and drink in other hotels is a great idea and makes these hotels less tying than other all inclusives. Also make sure you book for the free medieval night this was great, although you didnt get a great deal to eat the jugs of free booze and juice were replenished all night. Also check out the complex where the medieval night is held (I think its called excalibur) this has an even better pool than the Monika, I'm sure you and your family will have a fab time.
thankyou very much for your reply, we were getting very worried, but feel a lot better now after reading your review, allie
We have booked to go here october half term week & are now quite worried by the latest reviews from earlier this year which are terrible.
Has anyone been since the main season started & has it improved?. will have to decide whether to change hotels which we could do (probably losing £55 deposit) . Any help appreciated

thanks,

Nigel
could anyone tell me the check in time for the magic monika as i have read its 3pm, we arrived at 10.30am. thankyou allie
Anybody been to the monika aparthotel recently, the last few reports on the place have been awful. There are 10 of us going and every review so far is dreadful, getting very worried as we have paid a lot of money for this hotel. thankyou for any replies, we go in august.
Hi i am in the Magic Monika now as i have some friends staying here and they have had no complaints, food great lots of choice, entertainment good they have new sunbeds around the pool area and a great water slide has been added, so i really would not worry you will have a great time.
crystal xx
:D We have stayed at the Monika and its lovely

Pool is one off the best out off the Amigo's groups

the complex itself is lovely lots off space

Food and drink are good no problems at all

Rooms are huge lots off wardrobes etc

Dont let the reviews put you off

There is a free bus that will take you to all the other hotels so you can try them all

But on your return i bet you put report on here saying it was great

Have a lovely time

Marion x Family x
Went to the Monica holidays in january but found the hotel a little neglected,the rooms were very basic with green and yellow colour schemes in the bathrooms,no lighting on stairwells,no locks on balcony doors,and the safety deposit boxes are a bit stupid,for example you set your own code for this digital device,but if the batterys fail your valuables are not secure.
Also the four digit code most people select is usually made up of birthdays,house numbers,etc.,and all this information is on the sheets you hand into reception,any codebreaker could crack it.
The food was however invariably of a high quality,the breakfasts top notch,even fried bread and a very good selection for the main meals with self-service bar in the restaurant for all-inclusive guests.
But we found the finestrat resort a little short of bars and eateries,and shops and spent a lot of time in benidorm which was more to our liking,as we like a bit of a shopping experience.
The Amigos group promises a lot but fails to deliver time and time again for example there are no tea and coffee facilities in rooms,no kettle is provided,the free bus does the route twice a day and takes over an hour from the monica to magic gardens,better to take the bus at one euro each,per journey each way.
Avoid the taxis as they charge as much as 9 euros each way not 5 as mentioned,also you cannot eat in all of the amigos hotels despite others saying as much.
The Crystal park,and the magic gardens being the exception although both are poorly situated on steep hills,no meals in the villa benidorm,Venecia closed,fenicia in the old town looked like a very basic social club,gandia is 50miles away,excalibur a shanty town of chalets too remote to consider,and the villa del mar on poneinte a bit out of the way for those who choose to stay in the levante area.
Also this hotel group does not use local alcoholic drinks,nor does it use imported drinks,no it stocks its own label drinks behind its bar half the strength with a label saying MAGIC hardly!
Next time I come to benidorm I will stay where the action is because all those bus and taxi fares soon add up,a point worth considering.
This september however i will be in lloret de mar,staying in an htop hotel,far superior believe me!
But this is not my first choice as i would rather be in Benidorm,but its become too expensive to stay there,accomodation is overpriced,and everyone seems to be organising a scam.
hi..bird.. :wave ..which h.top hotel are you staying at in lloret de mar because you may well have a un pleasant shock awaiting you ........regards..john-doe... :)
Hi, I am looking to book DIY for 2007 to the monika apartments. the 2 bedroomed apartment which we will need is on a self catering basis only does anyone know how much it costs to upgrade to all inclusive at the hotel. Thankyou.
Just wondering if the waterslide is a large one and have they replaced the pool bar stools yet.
When we were there last year there was only 2 stools. Apart from that loved the place.
Hi gill the slide is a childrens slide, adults not allowed, i left there in August and they had taken the pool seats away, but had not replaced them by the time i left.
We going to the magic monica in benidorm on 1st aug 2007, family of 4.
please give your reveiw/experience.
Rak

EDIT: Merged with existing 3 page thread, which should provide some useful info
David HT Mod
hi...rak......look at the hotel reviews..........in my h.op..its value for money....
regards.john-doe
Hi guys can anyone tell me if you have to pay a caution deposit at the magic monika , because i booked with alpharooms and it doesnt say anything about it ,but on other sites it says a 150 euro deposit is required on arrival ...

Thanks in advance for any help
Jamie :D
hi.jamiex.........i was there last christmas and didnt have to pay any deposit ....never heard of it.????????.
regards...........j.d..
thanks johndoe . Hate taking what i dont need to take (cash wise) thanks for your help :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.