Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
You will find resort reports for Menorca on the following link.
They may help you decide which is best for your family.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/menorca/

HTH
Biff
The resort which immediately came to mind as I was reading your post was Alcudia, Majorca.
i have been to alcudia in majorca and must admit it is great for adults and children alike also been to menorca as well santo tomas hotel vicoria playa had brillant entertainment for children day and night the beach there is also lovely
Hi ,

We went to Alcudia a few years ago,when our eldest was two and we had a really good holiday, the beach is lovely, there is lots to do and it's very family orientated.

The last few years we have gone to Sonbou in Menorca,we found it wasn't quite so busy,a bit more chilled out .We loved it that much we decided to buy an apartment there.Again the beach is great and we find there is plenty to do for a week without venturing far but if you hire a car it's a great base as the capital Mahon is only a 20 minute drive away.

We have two children 3 & 7 and both love it so much they never want to go home.

Which ever you choose you won't be disappointed,

good luck and enjoy
Hi tj27
Its such a difficult one. We have visited both. Menorca in 2006 when our daughter was 3 years old and Majorca last year when she was 4 years old.

If I had to choose one under duress, I think I would choose Menorca. Its a lot quieter than Majorca but still with lots to do for smaller children. I would however rethink that if I had older children say 13 years and above.

The resort of Calan Bosch is my recommendation for Menorca. A lovely Marina area with plenty of low key bars, restaurants and shops. The beach is really good (but does get crowded in high season), plentiful choice of hotels, apartments and villas, lovely walks along the coast (good for little ones nap time :wink: ).

There are also plenty of nice places to visit in Majorca. We havent been to Alcudia but that definitely isnt my scene (I mean no offence so excuse me when I say its too British) but we have visited lots of other resorts that have been lovely and perfect for our needs.

Good luck with the hunting.
Sarah :)
Hi

Haven't been to Majorca but to Menorca four times. Going again this summer. We have children 8, 6 and 3 years old and they love it there. We go to Arenal d'en Castell which is a very quiet resort but the hotel have activities in the day for both adults and children and entertainment in the night. The children love the mini disco. There are also a few restaurants and bars if people want that. We find that the children make friends quickly and want to stay at the hotel and play with them. There are two small playgrounds there. There are also two smaller play areas for childern with bouncy castles etc in the resort. The beach is very close, a couple of minutes from the pool. I would definitely recommend Menorca for anyone with small children. It is very easy to drive there and being a fairly small island it doesn't take long to go anywhere.
We've been to Majorca several times over the years, from 18-30 holidays in Magaluf to group family holidays Alcudia, as a young family to Puerto Pollensa and onwards to the kids early teens in Santa Ponsa, C'an Picafort, Cala'dor...

We've also been to Menorca recently for the second time stopping in Cala n' Forcat nr Cuidadela.

So where best to go?

IBIZA! :really

Having been to Ibiza many moons ago, Playa Den Bossa, near Ibiza own and having heard tales of San Antonios excessive exuberance we searched and talked, talked and searched until our neighbours reccomended Santa Eulalia and I have to say that it's very much one of those cover all places that I would thoroughly reccomend. Decent beach, not huge but big enough. A good sized town with plenty of shops, bars and restaurants with a central market. Fantastic harbour to stroll around. Few if any nightclubs. Great promenade to stroll along.......

To be honest if you choose any from half a dozen places:
Majorca:
Puerto Pollensa.....quite small, quite quiet......
Alcudia....sprawls a bit but great beach for youngsters
Santa Ponsa....good beach, enough to do and a stones throw by cab to Palma Nova and Magaluf.....

Menorca:
Calan Forcat...nice resort. 7 days is enough as it's not that big and you'll do the shops 3 times but caters well for young families.....check out the Vistas Picas apartments, fantastic pool, beach small in cove, kids rides etc., 100 yards up road.....
Hi,

First of all, I must say that I am from Menorca. I have been in all main islands of the Balearics and, obviously, I prefer Menorca.

However, as srhjnmgn said, if your children are older than 13-16, the may get bored in this peaceful and quite island. The other islands are more "trendy" and "fashionable".

Where to stay? I prefer any place in the North coast: Son Parc, Addaia, Fornells...

Hope that helps.

Bonnin Sanso
Mallorca is considered one of the best cities to live in, there is nothing you can't take advantage of, What to visit in Mallorca, much because it is full of culture, is a city that you can enjoy in two wheels in family or couple, very safe and a gastronomy with a lot of variety and the best to consider. You can plan a trip on a catamaran and swim in those crystalline beaches.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.