General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
i dont wear any in the day, maybe just a bit of mascara, on the nighttime i dont bother taking foundation but i do wear a bit of blusher eyeliner and mascara and eye shadow. i also have that lipgloss from avon or just a bit of it.. daughter uses it all! but i will be getting a new one for holiday :sun2

CourtneeLouise.x
I always take my bronzing pearls as they add to any tan I may get - then just lippy and mascara for the evening.
I just wear Clarins tinted moisturizer in dore shade , juicy tubes lip gloss and mascara for day, more of the same at night but with a bit of shimmer eyeshadow and guerlain she laque lip gloss.
Not much for me . Nothing during the day
the evenings i wear a little eye shadow, liner , mascara and lipstick .
thats me done

Lynne
When BA decided that we could get by for a holiday without our luggage recently I went a whole holiday with no makeup. And I didn't actually miss it, believe it or not. OH was also happy as I managed to get out at night on time :rofl I meant to buy some but just didn't bother in the end. I can't see the point anyway of going down to a beach clarted in makeup.
I don't wear any during the day. I reduce my make up bag down to basics so only take one eyeshadow compact (3 shades), eye liner, one lippy, mascara and bronzing powder/pearls.

So at night it's a bit of eyeshadow and/or liner (one or the other usually), mascara and lippy and my shiny face is sorted out with a brush of bronzing powder all over.

Linzi, Rimmel do a translucent powder that I use all the time. I find that bronzing powder has the same effect - Avon do some in various shades - it doesn't look obvious. But the rimmel stuff is good as it gets rid of shine without having any colour effect.
I just wear some waterproof mascara during the day and then during the evening its usually some eyeshadow (I take a mixture of colours), liner, mascara and lipstick/gloss. I dont bother with foundation (even at home), as it just clogs my skin up and gives me spots.

Sarah :)
The make up I take on holiday is quite basic.

I have my bronzing pearls (which can also double up as an eyeshadow),
one eye shadow compact (with 3 shades)
2 x Kohl pencils
highlighter
3 lip glosses
1 lipstick.

I don't wear any make-up of a day, just of an evening.
Just a bit of lipsalve for me during the day with an spf30, then at night tinted moisuriser, bronzing powder, mascara and lippy !
I'm a pretty low maintenance kind of gal ! Also, I think that as you get older, less is more, I probably wear less make-up at the grand old age of 41 than I did when I was young, don't want to bring attention to my laughter lines, or as hubby says 'nothings that funny' !
I get my eyebrows and lashes tinted before I go away and take my Max Factor long lasting lippy. That's it.
I guess it depends on what sort of holiday you have. Not everyone has a beach holiday, it must be 20 years since I laid in the sun on a beach so I pretty much wear exactly the same as I would at home. I might go without foundation if it's very hot but would use a tinted moisturizer as my skin is very pale and I don't tan.
wow, lots of replys, its intresting to hear everyones routines, sandc think i might give that rimmel powder a try, this shopping list is getting bigger and bigger and i dont go till the end of august! lol any more tips anyone?

i think it is handy to keep some blotting make-up papers in my bag incase i get any shiney bits through the night, they dont take up much space and are easy and quick to use.
I get my eye lashes tinted before I go and then don't wear any makeup during the day either. For the eveing i use translucent powder, bit of eye shadow (i only take 1 colour), blusher, eyeliner and mascara.

Fiona HT Mod wrote:
When BA decided that we could get by for a holiday without our luggage recently I went a whole holiday with no makeup

I panic about that and used to take all my make up, cleanser, toner etc in a vanity case. Not allowed that now due to ml sizes so pray that our suitcases don't go missing as it would be a disaster :cry
A good SPF face moisturiser and lip balm during the day, and if we're having a day out somewhere then I'll dust a bit of translucent powder on and bit of shimmery eyeshadow, waterproof mascara and lip colour.
In the evenings I wear pretty much the same make-up as I would at home - foundation, concealer, powder, bronzer, eyeshadow (usually from my Urban Decay pallette), eyeliner, mascara, lipstick... the whole lot! The sun brings out my freckles and I also suffer with spots more when it's hot and my face is sweaty all day, so I have to wear full make-up in the evenings to cover it all up! I don't really "tan" (I'm a redhead) so I don't need to enhance my newly acquired colour - as long as I can cover up those blooming freckles I'm happy!
Nothing during the day, just spf 30 face suncream and lipsalve. I take Beneft Dallas for the evening (best glow ever!!) Conceler, compact eyeshadow, Mascara and lip gloss. I also collect the samples you get in mags over the year and use the foundation ones for the first few days (Free Dior and Chanel!!) A huge difference to what I normally wear at home as my make up bag is a big vanity case :yikes
Just a bit of pale pink lippy during the day. For the evening I wear bronzing powder, urban decay eye-shadow & eyeliner, mascarra, lip liner & lipstick and highlighter. I keep my lipstick and eyeliner in the fridge on hols or they get soft and gooey.
Hi
In the day wear a little waterproof mascara,have to wear some as my eyelahes are so fair people think I am unwell or have been crying when I havent got mascara on. Always use high factor lip salve to try and prevent the dreaded cold sores which can erupt because of the sun.
At night I put another coat (or two) of mascara, some eyeshadow and lipstick.
M
Hi,

I usually wear nothing but eyeliner and mascara during the day, as anything else just melts off! Although I do use Benefit 'Dr Feelgood' which looks like a balm of some description, but you put it on and it smoothes your skin and leaves a nice matt finish which is very good! Otherwise in the evenings, I sometimes use foundation, depending on how tanned I'm looking, blusher, eye shadow, eyeliner and mascara. I tend to pack a couple of mascaras and eyeliners (1 set of black, 1 set of brown) then a couple of eye shadow colours, foundation, loose powder brush (Bourgois do a powder with brush attached which is really handy) and Blistex lip splash for my lips, which has SPF15 and is really good as my lips can get really dry. I wish I could keep it more simple... but being me (a girl who can't pack anything less than half her wardrobe!) it's not easy!

L
freckles ! From when I was a little girl I always wanted them ! cyberspacecadette, You shouldn't cover your freckles, they are gorgeous ! still have a hankering for them all these years later ( sad, I know ), my 7 yr old has a sprinkling of them on her nose and I SOOOOO wanted them !
sorry mods, veering a bit off topic here.
like the idea of getting my eyelashes tinted though, I absolutely hate trying to get mascara off at night, specially since its usually melted onto my face !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.