Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Darren

Is the smoking area at the gate where the loos are, you go downstairs and there is a loo...
kazza36,

No, there are no loos in the gate 300 lounge. They are upstairs adjacent to gate 206. Downstairs is just a seating area with gates 300 A-D where you are bussed to the remote stands for boarding aircraft. The smoking area is through gate 300C.

Darren
Its been a while since we flew from Manchester (T2) Is there a drop off point? My parents are dropping us off and I wondered if they'll be charged or not? Any advice appreciated.

Cheers
Helen
helenbxx,

Drop-off & pick-up details are on Manchester Airports website. You can drive up the ramp to the front of the terminal to drop passengers off.

Darren
Thanks for that Darren - can't believe they charge for pick ups though! :really
helenbxx,

Most airports do that these days as a function of what happened in Glasgow to keep cars away from terminal buildings. Some airports offer the first 15 minutes free, Manchester did this up to about a year ago but with heavy traffic congestion at the airport at peak times, they decided to scrap the free allowance to encourage people not to use cars to reduce congestion and use off-site parking or the bus and train terminal.

Darren
Oh right, that makes sense then. I guess £2 isnt the end of the world after all!
Thanks

PS I really admire your knowledge - well done you!!
You could always go to the BP petrol station and buy a bag of crisps then stay in your car and eat the crisps slowly........

John
Or let them wait somewhere off the airport, phone when you've got the bags and meet at the railway station entrance where they don't charge (and you can take the airport luggage trolleys).
If you have to hand your lighters in at Airport Security/Passport control, how are you supposed to light up in the smoking area flight side?

Or am i just being really stupid?
jpg123,

As steve8482 mentions, you are permitted one lighter per person. This must be placed in a clear plastic bag for inspoction when going through security. A tip, take your own plastic bag, for example a 1L food bag that are readily available at supermarkets otherwise you'll have to purtchase one at the airport and they're £1 for two I think, ie expensive.

Darren
Yep you are definitely allowed one lighter. When entering Departures, before security, you will see airport staff handing out clear plastic bags and reminding you about items such as lighters, liquid, etc.
Yep you are definitely allowed one lighter. When entering Departures, before security, you will see airport staff handing out clear plastic bags and reminding you about items such as lighters, liquid, etc.

They don't hand out bags now you are directed to a vending machine to buy them.

Dave
Hello,
Does anyone know anything about the Escape lounge due to open in Terminal 1?
Thanks
Z.J.C
What is check in like at Manchester. We do plan to be there when check in opens 3 hrs before our flight in August, but just wondered is there usually long queues? We've been to Gatwick & only just had time for something to eat, as there were so much crowds at check in, & loads of different flights were checking in at the same desks.
Helen T,

Check-in at Manchester depends on which terminal you are in, which airline you are travelling with and what time you are due to check-in. Generally, it's pretty easy and queues aren't too bad. In the height of the summer however, it's as busy as Gatwick. 3 hours is plenty though, I normally allow 2 hours and always have enough time to have a look around etc. With the new security halls, queues are smaller than they used to be. If you're travelling before 12pm though in August, 3 hours is a good amount of time to leave as that's peak time.

Darren
Hi Darren - we fly with Thomas Cook 1st week in August- I think from terminal 3. Flight time is 08.40. I need time to at least get some brekkie & buy all my toiletries etc in Boots :think
Helen T,

Thomas Cook operate out of Terminal 1, check-in desks 1-12 (left hand corner of the check-in area). You'll be going at a busy time but there's plenty of desks so queues shouldn't be overly bad.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.