Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Check in isn't the problem, it's the security checks! Don't follow the sheep to the big queue in the entrance to security. The gates with no attendants aren't out of use, they're self service, you can scan your own boarding pass to get through. I overtook about 60 people last year and the couple that followed me said they only did it because they saw me do it. There were at least 3 gates with no one waiting but most people joined the queue because that's what the British do!
Hi, we are flying to Canada (Vancouver) in June with Thomas Cook. Will we have to queue through security with all of the short haul Thomas Cook flights?
We are also trying to get the best deal for a hotel for 3 adults (1 room) with parking for 22 nights and think that the Travelodge plus BCP will be the cheapest but welcome any other suggestions.
We haven't flown from Manchester before so any hints or tips for this particular holiday would be welcome. We are flying back from Calgary at the beginning of July. Thanks for your help :)
Oklahoma,

There's only one way through security, and that's with everyone else. Check-in desks are numbers 1 to 12 in Terminal 1, in the far left corner of the check-in area.

Darren
dksbbs wrote:
They don't hand out bags now you are directed to a vending machine to buy them.

Dave

Vending machine?? I will make sure I won't need plastic bags or bring my own, thanks for the info
if you take your own bags I suggest you make sure they are of the correct size. I have seen people sent to the vending machine as their bags ie small freezer bags were slightly too large.

These bags need to be

"¢Transparent and resealable
"¢No larger than 20cm x 20cm (8in x 8in)
"¢Able to close properly with all the items inside.

Chris
I was wondering if anybody knows if there will be any easyjet flights departing around 17:30 from manchester on the 27/5 its just last time i flew with them the ques were massive and as soon as i went through security the plane was already in and we boarding was announced!
any information appreciated
-carole
:)
coolcarole,

There's an Easyjet flight to Crete from MAN that departs at 1730 and a flight to Mahon at 1800. There are several other airlines with departures around that time as well. If you check-in for your flight in good time you shouldn't have any problems getting through security.

Darren
Hello,
Has anyone heard anything else about the terminal realignment? Ive heard Monarch Charter are moving to Terminal 2 and Im curious as to if anyone has any information on this as I have booked a lounge in Terminal 1 and im hoping there not moving before August.

Thanks
Z.J.C
z.j.c,

As far as I know, the plans have been put on hold / scrapped.

Darren
Darren,
I do hope so, looking forward to going in the new lounge in terminal 1 now.
Thanks
Zack
z.j.c,

I wouldn't get too excited, it's not that good! It's like entering through a shopping centre now they've changed things around. Photo of the new lounge here. I used to like T1 but I think I'd rather transit through the more relaxed T2 these days.

Darren
Darren,
By lounge I mean the new Escape lounge opening in Terminal 1 in June. We have booked to go into there it looks fantastic and I would be disappointed if they moved us to terminal 2.
Thanks
Zack
I have to pick up my Thomson tickets from terminal 2 and then go the terminal 1 as the flight is with Thomas Cook on 29 May.
There will be 5 of us and just wondering how far it is as our taxi will be dropping us and luggage at terminal 1. My local Thomson travel agent thought it was a few minutes walk. Thanks.
Caroline
caroline davis,

It's more than a few minutes walk from Thomsons customer services desk in T2 to Thomas Cooks check-in desks in T1. I've walked it a few times and would allow 15 minutes minimum each way depending on your walking pace.

Darren
Thank you Darren. Will make sure we get there a bit earlier.
Caroline
Does anyone know if the Escape lounge in Terminal 2 has free wifi,( to use i.pod) I know it does in the servisair lounge.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.