Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
hi derbydawn,we were there a couple of years ago but it was only bnb then,but i can assure you there is no dress code in the hotel,obviously no speedos or thongs on a night but you will be fine in shorts and t shirts,we use the pool and bob in for a afternoon snack when we are in es cana,we have been going every year now for the last 13 or so,and hoping to get a few days in,very soon,oh i love these budget airlines,who would have thought a number of years ago just popping over to ibiza for a few days,happy days,hope this is of some help to you,if you need any more info just ask.
escanatiger :)
Hi Dawn, we will be there at same time as you,we have a 8 year old boy so it`s nice to know there will be some other boys for him to play with. I guess Es Cana will be full of famillies at that time of year. We were there last around 13 years ago, we thought it was fantastic, we always said we would like to return when we had a family. We went to Santa Eulalia 3 years ago and called into Es Cana several times, the place was just as we remembered, lots of family bars, beautiful beaches. When we called in 3 years ago we tried to visit a fantastic tapas bar but it was closed as it was the end of the season, so we`re hoping that it will be open this time, already planing a long lunch on our first day there.

The hotel is in a great place near the centre and near the beach. Have you had a look at the website for the hotel, it looks very nice. The bar area looks good and so does the pool. The meals seem as if the will be basic but ok, we plan on having lunches out as there`s plenty of choice in Escana. Good news about the dress code in the hotel, saves taking lots of trousers.
Hi escanatiger & Christine
Thanks for the advice, I assume by you saying there is no dress code that means for the evening dinner too? Had to smile about the thong bit :lol: Yes Christine I have been on the web site and it does look very nice, and there have been so many good posts about es cana. I read one on how the media have treated Ibiza and I must say when I told an elderly relative of mine where we were going, the 'oh dear' was clearly heard in the tone of her voice. I am not taking any notice though as I have read so many posts and I really do not think that it is full of half clad girls acting drunkenly in the street. Every island has a more rowdy side and if you don't like that kind of thing you just don't go there. Es cana sounds lovely and just what my family will enjoy. Christine - my boys will be one just turned 18, one 16, one 12 and one just turned a big six - so he tells me. Anyway best not chat on this particular thread, apparently there is a proper chat room we could always go on as I have seen Allman mod inform others to go on.

Another thing I would like to ask though is are there the normal agencies where you can book trips from. We went to a useful one in Corfu last year and was cheaper to book that way rather than the hotel rep. I think we will be going to the waterpark in player de bossa, at least I think that is where I think I remember reading where it was. Also planning on going to some of the restaurants around es cana, don't think we will have all our meals at the hotel.

Escanatiger, do you know if you can rent a fridge at all? Probably a tall order!
Yippee 6 weeks to go 8)
A fridge would be nice if possible.If theres no fridges, theres a supermarket opposite, i`m sure it`s open until late, or the hotel might have vending machines for cold drinks.
I don`t know where you want to visit from Mar y Huerta but it is opposite a taxi rank, bus station and very close to the water taxis that take you to lots of resorts. Buses go into Santa Eulalia then on to other resorts. Taxis are good value. The water taxis are good fun and again regular. Opposite the hotel towards the beach is a mini train that departs several times a day.To get to the water park you could go on the water taxis or by bus. I`m sure there will be tickets for sale in resort or there will be reps in the hotel selling trips there.

The hotel mentions buffet service as well as waiter service, is waiter service often.
hi,there is atravel shop in es cana that trips can be booked at,it is i nthink under the zodiac apartments on the left as you walk past the jacaranda on the way up to the hippy market. mo.
DerbyDawn you can hire a fridge from a company called ibizahire.about 50 euros for a week.i don;t rate this company but give them a try .if you really need a fridge...

to get to the waterpark.either book a trip or get the buses.its a bit of a pain really.but its a bus to Santa Eulalia then ibizatown then playa den bossa-bus #14 ).but that way at least you will see a bit more of the other places.it works both ways i guess.when people in pdb need to get to the hippy market.they have to do the same.

dress code i would use the trousers the lads are traveling in to use at meal times...its a hygiene thing really.breakfast is normally fine for shorts (funny)..but night time most hotels like you to dress up a bit.the 4 year old should be fine in smart shorts..
Hi

Thanks for the info. djwoody thanks for that but at 50 euro's per week I can squash that one on the head straight away! Don't particularly need a fridge but when we went SC last year it was lovely to get some cold water/orange juice as soon as you wake up - kind of helps soothe a woozy head :oops: This is probably a daft question but I have seen this mentioned before 'water taxis'. Never seen, been on one before. I assume these are small boats! I think I will book a trip like mobeckwith says, will look out for the shop. I think a trip to Santa Eulalia sounds a good idea on the bus as I have seen lots of posts saying how nice it is. Also wouldn't mind going to Playa de Bossa too. The place we went to last year had a naff beach so it will be good to show the children the pale sandy beach with clear water like we told them they would see last year and we didn't. It was their first trip abroad so we were disappointed with the beach (Sidari - Corfu). Talking of Corfu are there any mozzies about in Ibiza in August?
'water taxis' are on the port area.you;ll see them and info on boards.they go anywhere you fancy really.if you go to Santa Eulalia the bus street,get a # 41 to cala longa.not far really about 5 mins from s e...its a nice little beach.el pinar attps on the right.use that for a lunch and drinks base.so sun yourself near there.

if you take drinks from there you need to have them in plastic cups.but a least you will get ice.very nice s/c place.

mozzies yes buy yourself when you get there from supermarket.plug ins in bottles.cruz verde BLOOM...about 7 euros plus a bottle and plug..really depends what sort of skin you have.but they can be very bad,i have to be very carefull if i get bit on my face..

i use lemon soap and no aftershave.keep away from trees ect.plus just don;t go out to far in the sea.for jellyfish..if you do get bit/pee on it or use vingar.

but cala longa is a very nice quite area to go for the day.

drinks you could buy a bag of ice say at.at night put in sink with drinks to chill them a bit.
Thanks again djwoody. I burst out into laughter when you told me what to do when you get a bite from a jellyfish, can't wait to tell my hubbie what he will have to do too, the mind boggles :oops: Think I would rather take a bottle of Sarsons with me!!

Good idea about the ice in a sink.

I have heard that cala longa is nice too. There are going to be so many places to visit. I must admit I would like to see a bit of the island. Didn't see much of Corfu last year which was a bit of a disappointment as the bus service wasn't at all good. Sounds much better at es cana.

For mozzies I used Avon skin so soft spray which was recommended to me and I must admit I found it good for myself but my youngest still got bit. I have been told that mozzies only like one type of blood, the sweet sort, but I think the person who said it was having me on. Hubbie gets bitten too, I only get tiny red spots so I guess I am not sweet enough.
hi again derbydawn,as far as i can remember you cant hire fridges from the hotel,but as someone said there is a shop directly opposite and its open till around 11pm,so get drinks then,as for the jellyfish,we found quite a lot of them over the last few years,but it only seemed in a certain area of the beach.
You must venture into santa eulalia and treat yourself to a special meal,we use The Gallery in the street of restaurants(just at the side of the town hall)the food is to die for,as for the jellyfish sting cure,i would do that behind closed doors if i were you :oops:.
If you need anything else just ask.
PS,you can book trips through the panorama office next to the zodizc apartments(as someone as alreadt stated).
PPS,check out Dave Rawson(hypnotist)at charlies bar,you will love him,not blue but very funny,try his we site on INVALID URL can talk to him live on line and he will tell you the dates he is on,mention my name ALAN and tell him we met him last year in charlies,he should remember me,also while your there Jim Rhodes is a must see,he is a little blue but hilarious.
Bye for now
escanatiger
Hi all, got back last Friday. The answers to my previous questions are, yes u can hire a fridge but expensive, so didn't bother, no the only dress code is that you wear a top so shorts are fine. We found the food good and there was plenty to choose from. The breakfast was boring but it does say that it is continental. You can buy different anyway and it is so reasonable. We always ate at lunch time at the hotel as we found is so good and was very handy when popping back from the pool. Rooms were basic but I didn't mind that. Didn't intend to live in the room. Hotel in a very good location close to other bars if you want them and shops of course. Beach was disappointing though. Quite a bit of seaweed and there was litter strewn so we stayed around the pool.

All in all a lovely holiday and I wish we were there now so if you are going you will have a lovely time. One word of warning though, near the candy floss stall there is a sudden drop in pavement level. Myself and one of my Sons ended falling over it and that was before we had a drink - very embarrassing but dangerous, so be careful!!
Hi Derby

I was there the same time as you! Group of 7, 2 adults and 5 teens, arrived the early morning Monday 13th left last Thursday. Whereabouts were you?? I liked the hotel and the area, but the kids found the area a little small, not enough to explore I guess.

But you summed up the place very well, would recommed the boat taxi to Evissa if you can handle the boat ride :D
Hi all,glad everyone enjoyed es cana,we are staying in the mar y huerta 30th sep for a week,only £150 for 2 adults half board reasonable dont ya think,its like home from home for us,if the breakfast is poor we can have a lay in and pop next door to the mar vent,great brekkies there.
bye all.
tigerman. :)
Hi all,
Would anyone have the email address for the above hotel,we will be over there in 3 weeks and would like to get in touch to ask for a specific room and to make sure there will be someone on reception when we arrive(2 am ish) :yikes .many thanks in advance.
escanatiger
Hi tigerman

I don't know the email address but you could try looking it up on the net. I feel sure that Ive seen it somewhere.

You'll be lucky to get someone on reception as it is only open during the day. Can't remember it being manned before 9am. There were time restrictions for defo but can't quite remember them. It is a small reception and only one girl manned it. I never saw another looking after it anyway. It was always the same English blonde girl while we were there. I feel quite envious, wish I was there at this minute!!

Have a great time 8)
Hiya

Cant seem to be able to post the email address, getting an anti spam mesage!! But it is the hot one!

The email address to use is jnoguera69 at 'very warm mail dot com' cant remember where I found it on the web, it was by searching the various accomodation booking companies though. I know it worked as the Leanne on reception mentioned it to me.

Reception is open in the mornings 7 days a week and if I recall 3 or 4 evenings. There is a caretaker/nightwatch man who works there. Doesnt speak very good english, but enough for us to collect the keys at 3am when we turned up.

Hope that helps. :lol:
Found the following form which you can complete to contact the Mar Y Huerta

http://www.ibizaholidays.com/maryhuerta/default.htm

luci :wave
cheers all have emailed them so we will wait and see,PS we stayed there a few years ago but it was only BnB what is the evening meals like nowadays,4 weeks tonight :D :D :D
Evening meals are in my opinion pretty good and aimed at the family. In that every day there was a soup, salad, tuna, available. Hot dishes changes everyday, this been a choice of, but not all of squid rings, chicken, pork, beef, spainsh omlette (sp?) pizza and ice creams, fruit and cakes. All done in a buffet style, as much as you want.

The menu is written up and posted in reception and on the bar window.

Hope this helps
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.