We have now released the media gallery that we have been working on behind the scenes and how that should also now be an integral part of the forum. The aim of the gallery is not just to show photos at user level and website level, it is also to get everyone talking about those images that have made that holiday special and captured with photo content. The aim is not just to load the website with hundreds of images which add no value. From my reading on this forum, it was founded on sharing those good times people experienced with everyone here and also helping people when in need with advice. Having the forum interact with the gallery in the way we have structured it, we have tried to preserve those two sentiments.
Points to note from the gallery are as follows:
1. Everyone now has their very own photo section in their profile and can upload what photos they want against their profile. They will then be stored their as your own albums;
2. Each upload will then also create a forum thread which will encourage interaction from the users and the forum pictures;
3. Comments can be made against picture(s);
4. In order to upload pictures (I believe - may need to check with our development team), a user needs to have 10 forum posts. This stops the potential spammers/idiots from using the gallery maliciously;
5. The moderators on the site will have the ability to 'tag' or 'feature' specific photos on the public gallery that they feel are worthy of that. The 'gallery' tab on the top will in effect act as a feature wall for the whole site to see - aim again to create and have on public display some amazing content and snaps and get users generating some interaction around those pictures; and
6. As the gallery grows we will then implement and address albums/filing/sorting into areas/destinations/countries etc.
Again, the gallery is a new feature and as the content grows, so will its structure and feature capability.