Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Media Travel
58 Posts
Hi ariel,

Welcome to Holiday Truths.

Media Travel are not ABTA registered,however they are part of the TTA - Travel Trust Association. You can make contact with the TTA on their website: traveltrust.co.uk

Hope that helps.

Chris
MEDIA TRAVEL KNOWN ALSO AS TRULY TRAVEL OR TRAVEL CLUB-STAY WELL CLEAR!!

Had the misfortune of getting scammed from these guys 3 weeks ago.They were using Ice Lolly.com as a platform to advertise through and a friend had recommended them.I had been comparing prices for days and noted the booking directly through Easyjet was going to be one of cheaper options for a late deal.
When I called the media travel number I gave reference number of price that was quoted on Icelolly.com and the Indian woman I spoke to said it was incorrect and she would check for me.
She came back on the phone and offered it to me for less that Easyjet holidays £100 less and asked If I would like to proceed-I said I would think about it first.
She then said prices would go up quickly 'not many' seats left etc (usual speel) I said was the price she gave me set and not go up-she said of course ''may I take your card details'' I said aslong as it stays at that price!

She assured me it was the price she had said,so I gave my card details....to my shock and horror she asked me to hold to check price had not gone up again I insisted she not charge my card if it had!!

2 mins later and me running to my laptop I checked my online banking while on hold and low and behold she had taken the card payment!!!! She then came back on the phone and said ''Good luck to you lady It has not got up in price''I demanded why she had taken my card details and payment if she knew price may go up and she totally skirted a round my question.
I said I was not happy and she said''but pet you have just got good deal''
The whole booking experience was hard sell and I wished I had not been so stupid to give out my card details so quickly.
I have since had jarbled unprofessional emails confirming my holiday (of which I could have typed myself)with no proper heading to them.
I have tried to call the customer service line to add more baggage and been put on hold for 20 mins each time so given up.
The last call I made this morning said I had a wait time of 40 mins!! lol!! Its a joke

I would be very very wary of this travel group,I have googled their Credit info and it states nothing has been banked this year and they seem to be quite an elusive bunch to deal with.They obviously have an Indian Call Centre dealing with calls as the line cuts off while you are on hold.

It is worrying that these kind of people can operate in UK with the rules that should be adhered to I am worried sick now about getting my tickets on time from other possts I have read recently.

Never again. :duh
Do Not Use this company unless you like stress in your life, being pushed and lied to by their sales team, have the whole day to wait for them to answer the phone if at all and being completley ignored when you email them, if you dont mind these things, their Great
Was offered free upgrade to 2bed apt so took it, then found had been charged for the 2bed. Sent complaint emails then got a call from 'name removed' in Harrow (aye, right!) Then spoke, apparently, to his supervisor. They denied they'd misrepresented what they'd done, said I hadn't been quoted a price for the room and therefore couldn't make a comparison with other sites. They told me I would not get a refund. They have my money but don't give you your Ryanair booking code until closer to the flight date. When we checked other sites, it appears there never were studio apts available. Lies all the way along and now concerned we won't get our tickets. AVOID MEDIA TRAVEL AND ANY OF THEIR ASSOCIATE COMPANIES!
Media travel - Truly Travel I cannot believe I have been stupid enough to use these jokers we fly out in less then 24 hours and have still not received our boarding passes an email sent late last night stated I would receive them late tonight , so at this point do not know if we are actually going to Malta or not,we fly tomorrow supposedly.No matter what day you ring their customer services department you always get told there is a wait of twenty minutes or more, costing 20p a minute ( I think) I booked this on Ice lolly and have used there site before with out issue ,but will be less inclined to use that site again because of this experience.I am going to be ringing the TTA this morning to see what happens if my passes do not turn up, and whether there is any chance of me getting our money back £1200.Very concerned all round as they have all our passport details and bank account details of my sister,they are not in the least bit interested once they have your money DO NOT USE THEM THEY ARE COMPLETE JOKERS . .
Hi everyone,

I have unfortunately booked with Travel Club and have since read the reviews here. I was wondering before I start to panic whether anyone that had problems received their tickets and went on holiday? Or should I look to get my money back now?

Many thanks :)
Hi guys,
Same situation as sunqueen33 my partner is literally just off of the phone with them but under the name 'low cost packages', very stupidly did not think to google before booking as we found them through icelolly and many of our friends have found holidays with them without problems.

We are now panicking, awaiting the payment to finish processing with our bank to see if we can cancel it, what are our options if we cannot can anyone tell me? Are there no happy stories at all with this company?
Hello all, just registered here after Google brought me to this thread.

My family and I have just returned from a holiday booked through Media travel/Travel Club/Truly Travel. My experience was almost positive in that the holiday went almost without a hitch. I should say that I received all the paperwork prior to travel, no problem there. My mistake was during the booking process. I was asked if I would like to upgrade the room at a cost of £150. I turned that down but was immediately offered a price of £85 for the upgrade, which I agreed to pay. When I received the documents I was concerned that there was no mention of the upgrade, so I emailed them and received a prompt reply saying that I shouldn't worry, I was booked into an upgraded room and should just present the paperwork on arrival.

All was well until arrival at the hotel - you guessed it - no upgrade. The hotel had no record of and had received no payment for an upgraded room. I emailed the company using quotes from the emails sent and received prior to travel requesting a refund for the upgrade amount, but received no reply.

Since arriving home I have emailed a few times without reply. I have just emailed again with a threat to go to Travel Trust Association should I not receive a refund. I know that after reading through this thread, I have been relatively lucky in that I am only down £85, but I will continue to pursue the refund as a matter of principle.

Good luck to anyone already using this company, and to anyone looking here and thinking of using them, I would certainly consider looking elsewhere.
Welcome to the forums :cheers

I'd write to the company keeping your letter short and to the point. Send it recorded delivery as then you have proof of postage, and receipt of delivery. They have 28 days in which to respond to your letter so don't worry if you don't hear anything for a short while.

Let us know how you get on, and good luck. :tup
I also think you should type out a letter and send it to them recorded delivery/signed for. Be brief and to the point, try and contain it on one page.

If you have any other papers that confirm what you booked I would take a photo copy and send them in as well. Mentioning in the letter that you enclose them so they can't say you didn't, or write back and ask for further evidence.

They won't reply for 28 days and then with probably only acknowledge receipt and state they are looking into it. They all seem to use this as standard delaying tactics, plus hope you drop it.

If you don't hear from then within another 28 days, chase it up in writting and send it recorded delivery again. Dont let it drop as they rely on people giving up due to them thinking its a lot of hassle for £85, but from a company's point of view a lot of £85 is a lot of money.

If after a couple of letters you still haven't got the money back say you will go to the small claims court, that might spur them into action.

Keep copies of everything you send, date your letters, so you have a good paper trail if you do go to a small claims court.

Good luck and please come back on HT and let us know how you get on.
Thanks for the advice guys. I will give them a couple of days to respond to the emails and then draft a letter next week. Sounds like I could be in for a long wait for my money.

Thanks again for your responses.
I am in correspondence with Media Travel, writing on behalf of my wife and daughter who made the mistake of booking with this company.
Transport from their airport (and back) had been cancelled for no reason and they had to incur additional costs in arranging their own.
They have now issued two letters contaning absolutely no content other than waffling on about carrying out an investigation, which frankly I don't believe.
I am now writing to the Travel Trust Association and assuming they don't get anything resolved will then move onto the small claims court.
Has anyone had any experience of the TTA in terms of them helping resolve anything as it would be nice to know if I am wasting my time before I write!
once again complaints from members who make just one post and don't return

I also used Media Travel...quite a while ago and at the time believed the transfers to the resort were included.
When I got there couldn't find any sign of my transfer at the airport. Didn't get stressed & we made our own way to the resort. To be honest I guess we were fortunate to arrive early evening rather midnight.
When we got to the resort everything was in place....found my hotel and enjoyed my holiday.
Obviously had to sort out getting back to the airport at the end of the holiday but it was no problem.

I decided that it just wasn't worth my time and energy to chase Media travel to refund any transfer money
The other arrangements were as paid for and I had a good holiday at that time

So if I used Media Travel again I would be cautious about any transfers included that they promise and make sure you have proof of those arrangements in an email
There are actually EIGHT one time posters on this thread out of 14 posts .....makes you wonder why we bother :que
Update on my previous posts:

I decided to give them a final chance to contact me before going down the recorded letter route and emailed various addresses in which I informed them of my intention to contact the TTA should I not receive my refund. I have since been contacted by the company and have received the refund in full. The address that I received the contact from was - rebecca@trulytravel.com

I hope this is helpful for others who are having problems.

Thanks again for advice received.
Many thanks for getting back to us with your update :tup

Glad to hear you had a positive outcome :tup
Was a bit scared when I booked my holiday after reading some of reviews on Media Travel, but I must say that my experience went without a hitch. Have just returned from a lovely holiday and there were no problems at all which i was very happy about espically as it was my first holiday for 5 years!
frankyboy99 wrote:
Was a bit scared when I booked my holiday after reading some of reviews on Media Travel, but I must say that my experience went without a hitch. Have just returned from a lovely holiday and there were no problems at all which i was very happy about espically as it was my first holiday for 5 years!

...call me sceptical but ....registers just to give very positive feedback on Media Travel??? :think
...call me sceptical but ....registers just to give very positive feedback on Media Travel???

We have had a few of those in the past. It is to be hoped that people who read it are sensible enough to also read the other (non complimentary) comments and not get taken in.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.