Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
work for Horizon in Los Cristianos and anyone who has bought into any new development through Horizon can check the absolute latest status by looking at our website, where we have a link to Construction News. This will show them everything they need to know about the latest status of their purchase - the link is horizonpropertygroup.com/construction-news.asp

**Advert removed, - Kath HT Admin**
If anyone would like to post a review for these apartments, please do so HERE.

Many thanks.

Pippy :D
We are booked to go there on Jul 15 for 2 weeks, and prior to booking the apartments, the only info I managed to find was from another site - Holidays Uncovered - http://www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk/frames.htm under Gran Canaria - Misc. The reviews were pretty good, other than the time it takes you to sift through all the other reviews until you find the accommodation you are looking for........unlike HT where it is a lot easier to find......
I will post a review when we have been and had a look for ourselves, and having a 5 year old and a 7 year old, the kids entertainment will be tested as well....

Regards

RJ
RJ, hope you can give us a full report with room layouts etc.. as we are staying there the last week in sept/1st in oct. sounds ok from bits of info i have read,with all rooms having sea views (after all the hols i have had this would be a first !!)
Looking forward to your report.
I'm going here next May and I emailed the Mirador del Atlantico Apartments asking if all the rooms have sea views, 'Jeane' replied that they don't all have views of the sea. :(

I've found lots of wonderful reviews of these apartments on the Watchdog website. Most of the reviewers give 9/10 but theres one report that only gives it 3/10 but from that report I would have given it 10.
They said it was too quiet, entertainment ended at midnight, couldn't smoke except near pool and in room and the members of staff don't like people being noisy. These are all good things in my books.

It sounds very suitable for a couple of boring 48 year olds. :lol: but not for youngsters wanting a good time.
Sounds good enough for us,me being 41 now I like things steady and away from the noise and hassle (is that old or am i growing up?). Not too far to travel if you want some night life,so seems a good base to be at. Whats the betting I don't get a sea view ? :?
Cheers for the link - excellent site with some great pics. It does state ''all our rooms have sea views'' so where are the reports of not all having sea views come from ? Still....looks a great place and can't wait !! need to do a bit of reading up now on what or not what to do.
all the rooms have sea view , if niot you would be looking at a sheer cliff , the only ones taht may have a partial view are the ones in the back blocks , you will see if you look at teh complex website on the link provided , the blocks go along the cliff like the one shown at the back

:D :D
Hi we stayed at the mirador last 2 weeks in june i had read all the reviews before i went and i have to agree they were excellent apartments.There is entertainment throughout the day courtesey of Becky she stops about 5pm for a couple of hours then back on till midnight,there is a different show every night.Happy hour and a half in the afternoon and another happy hour and a half at night,you also get special offers in the resturaunt like buy one get one free etc.It was a joy to wake up each morning and look right onto the sea,most rooms have sea views but as already mentioned the ones at the back are obstructed.I think we stayed in A BLOCK and we had stunning views.
Thanks for that. A bit nearer the time I will be asking a few questions - hope someone comes back before me with good reports and some pics.
Just back from the Mirador and posted a review about the hotel and resort, so have a look under the reviews section here http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/canary-islands/gran-canaria/playa-amadores/mirador-del-atlantico-aparthotel/

Regards

RJ
Nice report,seems as though you had a good time - any downsides about the resort ?
There are downsides to any resort depending on what your expectations are. The only thing I would say about Playa Amadores, is that in the evenings it is very quiet around the restaurants and bars overlooking the beach. Most of the businesses are geared up to open during peak periods at the beach, i.e. during the day, and a lot of them do not open at night, but there are more than enough restaurants to choose from, and you won't be struggling to get a table. It just lacks a bit of atmosphere in the evenings since there are not large crowds of people passing or walking along the beach area, which isn't surprising in some ways when you consider that there are only 4 properties immediately overlooking the beach area at the moment. In a few years time it will probably be busier with more atmosphere and buzz about the place as a large hotel complex on the opposite side of the bay from the Mirador is completed along with a few other developments in and around the area. I feel that you get the best of both worlds - you can chill and get a reaxing and peaceful holiday in the resort, but you are close enough to Puerto Rico if you prefer something a bit more lively
Regards
RJ
Thanks a lot - my kind of place.
Hi does anyone know if these apartments are open over the winter 2007 about easter time. I cant seem to find them in any wintersun brochures. It sounds just what we are looking for. Thanks
Dont think so i sent a email to them about winter this year and they sent one back saying that the complex was tied to Mytravel but the scandinavian arm of the company if you go onto the website of the complex you can email and aska gain , definately not in any UK brochures

this is the email i recived back

Sorry to inform you that during the winter season (until the end of april) it's only possible to book through scandinavian travel agencies (Mytravel Norton).

Best Regards,

Reception

hope this helps
We've just booked these apartments for a week at the end of June 07. They look ideal for a family with two young children. Im afraid the days of late night partying are long gone so it's mini discos for a few years. This is the website of the complex with plenty of pics in the gallery section

http://www.miradordelatlantico.com/en/Inicio/
Can anyone who has stayed at these apts in puerto rico advise if there is a full size bath in the bathroom, does rooms have fridge and are they air conditioned.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.